Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Graphics card problem in windows 11

Apollyon
Beginner

I have an Intel(R) UHD graphics 630 in my Acer aspire TC-885.

The screen occasionally flickers off and on to a black and back.

I have installed the latest drivers for integrated video card.

And the problem still persists.

I have tried other fixes to no avail. 

Now I am thinking the problem could be that the GPU uses too much power that windows 11 cannot manage.

It was recommended I install a new video card but it's too expensive.

How do I set my graphics GPU to low power consumption? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vegan
New Contributor I

power consumption is dynamic 

the total load depends on workload

0 Kudos
Apollyon
Beginner

community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Graphics-card-problem-in-windows-11/m-p/1343355#M103865

Oh! Do you have any idea why it flickers on and off to black and back? Do you know why my computer randomly restarts from time to time too?

0 Kudos
Apollyon
Beginner

community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Graphics-card-problem-in-windows-11/m-p/1343355#M103865

Oh! Do you have any idea why it flickers on and off to black and back? Do you know why my computer randomly restarts from time to time too?

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

flickering suggests a video driver issue and random restarts suggest thermal issues

i suggest reset windows and this should get the machine to be more stable

0 Kudos
Apollyon
Beginner

seems to have fixed restating problem but scree still blinks off to blackness and on again (it does not flicker).

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

I see some flickering at boot with my Laptop but that is only due to windows loading and then enabling the desktop

once windows is up it is stable

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Apollyon,

We understand you have opened a web case with us and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Thank you.

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos