Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Graphics driver 31.0.101.2111 problems

bradensz
Beginner

I have installed graphics driver 31.0.101.2111 dated 7-26-2022 from the Intel Driver and Support Assistant.  Now, Windows, "check for updates", downloads Intel-display 31.0.101.2003 dated 8-5-2022 as the newest version. I cannot find any references to this driver on Windows or Intel. The two downloaders keep battling back and forth. Microsoft "check for updates" installs automatically, while Intel Driver and Support Assistant shows an update is needed to be downloaded. I guess the Windows "check for updates" goes off the date, whereas, Intel Driver and Support Assistant goes off of the driver number. Like I said earlier, there is no information available for the Windows "check for updates" installed Intel-Display 31.0.101.2003 driver. Can someone please shed some light on my problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TRafay
Beginner

This most likely because you have a pre built or laptop so Windows Update installs the one from your manufacturer [older one] while Intel DSA gives you option to install generic Intel drivers. For more support provide more info to me or contact Intel Graphics Support.

NOTE: I AM NOT AN INTEL EMPLOYEE.

0 Kudos
TRafay
Beginner

ALSO DO NOT GIVE ME YOUR SERIAL NUMBER 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@TRafay Do not be afraid to release the CAPS LOCK.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@bradensz   What is really happening here is poor commumication between Intel and Microsoft.

To stop Microsoft from updating your graphic driver, do this:

• Download the Microsoft show/hide utility.  It is a cab file.   Just hold on to it.
  • Then, update your graphics directly or with IDSA.
  • Reboot.
  • Then, run the show/hide utility, and block/hide the driver Microsoft is pushing.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos