Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

HD 3000 drivers won't even load after Windows 8.1 update

BJone17
Beginner

Everything was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and now the Intel HD 3000 drivers won't even load (Code 31). Luckily I have an AMD Graphics card too, but this is totally unacceptable. I've downloaded the latest recommended drivers from Intel but it hasn't changed anything - despite Microsoft claiming that Intel HD 3000 drivers should work for 8.1. Help please.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JWied
Beginner

I have the same issue. REALLY irritating that Intel didn't provide a driver for one of the most ubiquitous processor/gpus currently in customers' hands.

0 Kudos
AGruo
Beginner

Intel must release a driver update as soon as possible.

Note: my next laptop will be a Chromebook!

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello folks,

Thank you for your feedback on this matter. I am forwarding this feedback to the appropriate channel to take the proper consideration or actions on this matter.

By now, check on Microsoft* updates or use Windows* Dynamic update to get a driver for your system. You can also use this article as a reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn344644.aspx Windows 8.1 x86 and x64 graphics driver availability status (Windows)

0 Kudos
NMata2
Beginner

I'm still waiting for an official intel driver for windows 8.1, i have a hd3000 and this lack of support is frustasting.

0 Kudos
JWied
Beginner

I was able to find a solution. On my Asus motherboard, I made sure that the default graphics card was set to the iGPU, then reboot. The iGPU monitors will turn on for the boot screen. Then eventually the others kick on as well once the OS boots.

0 Kudos
JWied
Beginner

The setting I'm talking about is in the BIOS. You can choose the default graphics. Auto, IGFX, PCIE, PCI. I have a discrete graphics card as well and was using the PCIE setting. Once I switched it to IGFX, I save the BIOS settings, it rebooted and the boot screen showed on the monitors connected to the iGPU. Once it got to the OS, the screen attached to the discrete graphics card came to life; although it did take a second the first time. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
NMata2
Beginner

not all bios have such options.

0 Kudos