Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

HD 4600 + driver 10.18.10.3907 crashes ingame

EBrad3
Beginner

When I attempt to play the game OpenRA (http://www.openra.net/ OpenRA - Home), the graphics driver crashes completely, taking out with it the Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) but eventually recovering.

The game performed fine on the previous driver version. The game developers say Intel is at fault, since no changes were made on their end. Again, the game works fine under previous drivers.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit SP1, with the latest drivers for all hardware including BIOS/UEFI. Everything is up-to-date.

Any ideas as to when we can expect a driver update?

From the crash dialog:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: OpenRA.Game.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 543a500c

Fault Module Name: ig75icd32.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.18.10.3907

Fault Module Timestamp: 53e0fef4

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00042028

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi helloelan,

Thank you for the information. I would like to get more details of the problem you are having the game so please provide the following:

1. Attach your dxdiag report and graphics report here. How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Graphics Report: Right click on desktop> Graphics Properties> Options> Drop Down Menu> Information Center> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

1. Is there a link where we can get a demo of the game?
  2. What steps can be taken to reproduce the issue?
  3. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
  4. What is the exact game name?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
EBrad3
Beginner

I've included the DxDiag report and graphics report.

The game is freely available at openra.net, which I've linked in the original post.

To reproduce the issue, simply run the game on Intel HD Graphics 4600 using the latest driver (10.18.10.3907).

I have troubleshooted by loading an earlier driver, which works. Of course, I want to use the latest driver.

The exact game name is OpenRA. Again, it is freely available at openra.net.

I suspect I'm about to be told to use the previous driver, but I don't really think that's much of a fix. I told myself I'd be happy with Intel HD Graphics since the only game I play is OpenRA. Unfortunately, the one game I want to play doesn't work.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Elan

We have replicated the issue and are currently working to root cause it. We will post updates to this thread as we have new information.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
EBrad3
Beginner

I'll keep a close eye here. Thanks for looking into the issue.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

All,

This issue has been resolved with the latest drivers. Please see the "Featured Content" section of the Graphics Community" for links to the downloads.

Thanks

Robert