Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

[HD 4600 in Lenovo Thinkpad T440p] - graphical corruption on some 3d apps

NMaki1
Beginner

Since updating my drivers to the latest available, I've been experiencing flickering polygons in certain DX9 games. It is sometimes fixed by enabling vsync at the application level, which is odd, because it's not the kind of screen tearing you'd normally fix by enabling vsync.

Does anyone have a solution to this, or do I just have to grit my teeth and bear the vsync?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andronachi_Marian

I think not. Is the same like me at? https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004IoIY1SAN/i-have-a-bug-with-the-driver

Only Intel can repair this bug.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello NMaki1, Thank you for posting on this Community. Graphical artifacts may occur in some older games due to compatibility issues. The game may require a software library or component (for example, DirectX* 9 or older) that is no longer automatically installed in Windows 10. We recommend following these steps: Run the game as Administrator: 1. Right-click the game executable file. 2. Click Run as Administrator. 3. When prompted by the User Account Control (UAC) click Yes. Run the game in Compatibility mode: 1. Right-click the game executable file. 2. Click Properties. 3. Click the Compatibility tab. 4. Enable the option Run this program in compatibility mode for: 5. Select the Operating System (e.g. Windows* 7, 8.1) from the drop-down menu. 6. Click Apply. Use different Compatibility settings: 1. Right-click the game executable file. 2. Click Properties. 3. Click the Compatibility tab and enable any of these options (one at a time): -Reduce color mode -Run in 640x480 screen resolution -Disable display scaling on high DPI settings -Run this program as an administrator If the issue persists, you can check the Gameplay site to see if we have optimized settings available for the game. https://gameplay.intel.com/ Please let us know if these steps fix graphical artifacts you are experiencing. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello NMaki1, Were you able to follow the steps recommended on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello NMaki1, If you have any further questions, and the issue persists, please contact us back. It is worth mentioning that you can also run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread to gather more information about your system. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos