Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

HD 530 - Screen goes from normal to black and back again constantly

MSted2
New Contributor I

Intel Core I5-6600 CPU @ 3.30Ghz - Shuttle SH170 V1 - Bios 2.12

Microsoft Windows 1909 (10.0.18363

Graphics driver 26.20.100

Problem. Screen displays normally for a few seconds then goes to Black and repeats.

Tried various versions of graphics drivers. Latest was:--

Release Version:   Beta

Driver Version:   27.20.100.8236

Build Date:   May 11, 2020

Previous update that started all this was

Release Version:   Planned Release

Driver Version:   26.20.100.7463

Build Date:   November 6, 2019

Removing the display adapter including the drivers cures this, although to accomplish this II had to access the pc through remote Teamviewer.

Unfortunately, rebooting the pc starts it all over again.

Currently connected to a Samsung 4K tv thriugh a HDMI to Display Port cable that has worked for the last year OK.

Can supply any information required. Currently turned off as its not much faun watching alternate black screen and normal screens

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MSted2
New Contributor I

Thanks for your help, re-installing windows on the drive after it had been wiped revealed the same problem, so its likely a hardware fault. Will now concentrate on replacing the motherboard. Thanks for all the suggestions

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please remove the current drivers package completely. Remove via Apps & Features Settings entry for Intel Graphics. Then, install the latest driver, which you can get from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29557/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
MSted2
New Contributor I
Hello, Thanks for the response. I looked at the suggestion tried it but was not surprised when it did not work. I had previously installed that one and the later beta one but nothing worked, even re-installed the motherboard chipset and ME drivers So I’m going to re-install Windows to see if it’s a hardware error. Thanks for the reply, I’ll update here later. Mike
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, I have no more ideas. At this point, I would normally be asking about the quality of the cable being used (just saying). Intel Customer Support may need to take over this issue...

...S

0 Kudos
MSted2
New Contributor I

Thanks for your help, re-installing windows on the drive after it had been wiped revealed the same problem, so its likely a hardware fault. Will now concentrate on replacing the motherboard. Thanks for all the suggestions

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I winced as I read your last post. I am not at the point where I would consider blaming this issue on your motherboard. There have been too many similar reports in the past few months for me to blame anything like this on the motherboard.

...S

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello MSted2, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We would like to gain a better understanding of the behavior reported. Share the details below at your earliest convenience. 

• Confirm the configuration of the cables used and the ones tested. Are you are using any type of adapter?
  • When did this issue start? Did you perform any changes in the software or the hardware?
  • Please provide the Intel® Graphics Command Center report by going to Intel® HD graphics control panel> Options and Support> Save. 
  • Please provide us with the Intel® System Support Utility logs by following the next steps: 
  1. Download the software. 
  2. When finished downloading it, open it. 
  3. Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan. 
  4. When finish scanning, click "Next." 
  5. Click on Save and attach the file to your post. 

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
MSted2
New Contributor I
Hello To be able to load the requested logs I will have to re-instate the pc back to working order and re-install Windows 10. Until then I can answer some questions now. Cables – pre-existing display port to HDMI cable. By pre-existing cable I mean one that had been working OK for some months I also tried a replacement and that did not solve the issue. When – Possibly when Microsoft updated its drivers by default automatic installation. I normally insist on installing when I decide but Microsoft install updates in the background. Also it seemed to happen when I followed the Intel driver program telling me there was an update for the 530 graphics system inside the cpu. This if I remember was soon after a previous update, seemed to come around quite quickly. The problem is not apparent when accessing the pc remotely using TeamViewer. This was the only way to do anything with the pc like removing the updated graphics driver. The problem also appeared again when re-installing Windows 10 on a clean drive, no previous software to cause problems I will endeavour to set the system up again asap Kind regards Mike Steddy
0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello MSted2,

Thank you for your response. Please share the logs and reports requested at your earliest convenience.

Have a nice day! 

Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello MSted2,  

Were you able to gather the details requested in the previous post?  

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Regards,

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
MSted2
New Contributor I
Hello, Apologies, I was unable to reload a backup of the affected pc and had to resort to re-installing Windows 10. The version installed is now Windows 10 2004 where the original one was 1909 or possibly 1903. Since then, I have not had any problems with the unit Thank you for the help though Kind regards Mike Steddy
0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello MSted2,

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to hear that the issue experienced has been solved after the Operating System (OS) reinstallation.

We will close this thread. Feel free to post an update or ask additional questions related to this request. If your unit experiences a different issue, please start a new thread, and we will be glad to help you. 

Thank you for contacting Intel.

Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos