Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

HD 630->DP->NO 4k@60Hz

oh00oh
Beginner

Used much of intel CPU:

g3900, i5 6400,  i3 8350k, i5 8600k

so used integrated GPU:

hd 510, hd 530, hd 630

used different motherboards:

asus z170i pro gaming, others z390 chipset

i see 4k@60Hz support via displayport 1.2 at the asus site

i see 4k@60Hz support via displayport 1.2 at the intel site

but when im conecting DP->HDMI to my 4k@60Hz monitor it works 30 Hz only!

When i connects same monitor and the same cable to nVidia GTX 1060 or 1080 via DP it works 4k@60Hz perfect! So the problem is Intel HD 510, 530, 610, 630 not supports 4k@60Hz! Why?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is typically caused by poor quality cables. Get a better quality one and you should be able to get to 4K@60Hz . Even though you are using only DisplayPort 1.2, always use a cable that is DisplayPort 1.4 compliant. Similarly (though it may not apply here), always use HDMI cables that are HDMI 2.0 compliant. My rule of thumb is that, if the cable came with the monitor, it is garbage and should be immediately replaced. Remember too that you get what you pay for - or don't.

...S

0 Kudos
oh00oh
Beginner

did you read what i wrote? i said that cable works perfect 4k@60Hz on any nVidia pascal GTX 10xx Videocard via displayport or HDMI.

I know that GTX have hdmi 2.0 but motherboard have 1.4 thats why i got 4k@30Hz via Intel HD 630

Thats why im using displayport motherboard. Cable is OK. But intel lies to us. I dont see any 4k@60Hz support by Intel UHD 630

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Right. Intel lies to you. You're acting like a child. I am done helping you.

No longer monitoring this conversation.

...S

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello oh00oh,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you would you mind providing the following reports and information.

-DXDIAG 

•          Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 

•          On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 

•          On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 

•          Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

-Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Note: With the graphics report you don’t have to send both reports from both tools just the one you currently use.

- Did this configuration (System + DisplayPort 1.2 + 4K display) work fine before? If yes, was there any recent change related to the point when the issue started?

- Please provide the exact model and brand of the monitor tested?

- Did you make sure the monitor has the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
oh00oh
Beginner

1. i got 4k@60Hz monitor

2. it works PERFECT 4k@60Hz via displayport or HDMI from my GTX 1060 or 1080

3. It works 4k@30Hz maximum via build-in UHD 630 via displayport

WHY? It must work 4k@60Hz because of asus motherboard manufacturer said this and intel said the same: 4k@60Hz VIA DISPLAYPORT

why i got 30Hz maximum?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Usually, the quality of the adapter and/or cable will determine whether 4K@60Hz can be achieved.

Remember:

1. The fact that a adapter/cable works on one system does not mean that it is good quality and will work equally well on this computer.
  2. If this adapter cable came with the monitor, it is invariably junk; recycle it and obtain a quality cable. Look for HDMI 2.0 (or better) certification or DisplayPort 1.4 certification (or DisplayPort 1.2 certification and explicit indication of support for 4K@60Hz).
  3. Remember that you get what you pay for. Or don't.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
oh00oh
Beginner

im using different cables hdmi 2.1 and DP 1,4 to hdmi 2.0

both supports 4k@60Hz and both are works with GTX 1060 4k@60Hz.

But when i dissasemble GTX 1060 and uses build in UHD 630 it works 4k@30Hz via HDMI (its ok) and the same via DP (it must 4k@60Hz!!!!)

Im using DIFFERENT motherboards. I got a pile like MSI, Asus, different drivers. NO LUCK! so UHD 630 is not working 4k@60 Hz. Shame on you INTEL! You are liers! I got tons of CPU, motherboards and cables. It MUST work as you said on your site but its not.

You thought nobody will use 4k@60Hz on intel graphics? I want but i cant use that intel's garbage

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I use 4K@60Hz all the time, on multiple 630 machines. On native HDMI, you will never achieve better than 4K@30Hz. Only motherboards with LSPcon ICs will be able to support 4K@60Hz over HDMI. As for DisplayPort, if you are using the right adapter and/or cable, then 4K@60Hz is easily achievable. You are doing something wrong. I am willing to bet it is your cable (this is the case in 90% of all reported issues).

...S

0 Kudos
oh00oh
Beginner

i know that i can get 4k@30Hz only via HDMI bcos of 1.4 version

thats why im using DP to HDMI to get 4k@60Hz

Im using hight quality HDMI 2.1 cable that can achive 8k@60Hz

I got 2 different cables:

1. HDMI-HDMI 2.1 + DP 1.4 to HDMI 4k@60Hz adapter. It works directly HDMI-HDMI 4k@60Hz from my GTX 1060 and DP to HDMI via adapter

2. direct cable DP->HDMI 4k@60Hz and it works perfect too on GTX 1060 from DP to HDMI

But when im trying to get 4k@60Hz i cant. Not from DP->HDMI neither from DP adapter->HDMI->HDMI

Im doing all correctly. I have hight quality cables. They works perfect on GTX 1060. How can they not work from motherboard?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are hundreds of DP-to-HDMI adapters and cables out there. Some are active and some are passive. A great many of the passive adapters cannot support 4K@60Hz unless the graphics engine supports DP 1.4 output. There is a set of passive adapters that will properly handle getting 4K@60Hz with DP 1.2. Make sure that the adapter you choose says it supports 4Kx2K 60Hz HDMI output. The Sabrent mini-DP to HDMI adapter that I am currently using says "HDMI 4Kx2K 60Hz" on it. Here is Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQGPFFC. Unfortunately, it seems to be unavailable at present.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
oh00oh
Beginner

so did you mean same cable can reach 4k@60Hz on GTX 1060 and the same cable can reach 4k@30Hz max?

I have tons of cables and all of them works perfect on GTX 1060 but not on any HD 510, HD 530, HD 610, HD630, UHD 610, UHD 630 on motherboards Asus Z170i, Z170-a, maximus hero 8 and others

im using DP to HDMI so it must work on intel graphics bcos of HDMI 1.4 not support 4k@60Hz

Yes, im using the latest firmware on my samsung display

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This HAS NOTHING to do with the HDMI port. Forget anything to do with the HDMI port.

We're talking a native (mini or full) DisplayPort port or a USB-C connector supporting DisplayPort Alt. Mode. With the right adapter you can achieve 4K@60Hz . I have multiple systems connected to 4K TVs and they all run 4K@60Hz. I even have an old 6th gen system with 540 graphics and I can still run 4K@60Hz using the adapter that I mentioned earlier.

What it comes down to is using the right equipment. If you insist on using the crap that you had connected to that NVIDIA card, then you will continue to have problems and limitations. As I said, there are a lot of cables and adapters out there that only support 4K@60Hz if the output is DisplayPort 1.4.

This is my last response in this conversation. If you want to stay obstinate and not listen to my advice, then you are on your own.

...S

0 Kudos
oh00oh
Beginner

>>This HAS NOTHING to do with the HDMI port. Forget anything to do with the HDMI port.

i know

im using DP to reach 4k@60Hz

Why i can reach it on GTX1060 but cant reach on UHD 630? same monitor, same cable. From displayport

What cable should i use? can you provide a link? We got tons of garbage cables from china and they work perfect on GTX1060

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It is because your 1060 supports DP 1.4 whereas the iGFX only supports DP 1.2. As I said, the adapters can always support 60Hz if presented with DP 1.4 signal whereas only the really good ones can support conversion from DP 1.2. 

You want a good DP-to-HDMI adapter that specifically says it supports 4K@60Hz without having DP 1.4 signal (like the one I referenced. From it to monitor, you want a good quality HDMI 2.0a cable.

...S

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello oh00oh,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello oh00oh,

Please bear in mind that most devices will support any resolution and refresh rate up to the maximum value listed on our website; however, based on your chipset, monitor capabilities, and manufacturer configurations, your maximum supported resolution can vary, also is very important for you to use a good quality cable and if possible certified.

In order for us to look for a resolution for you can you please provide the following reports and information:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Instructions

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

DXDIAG 

Instructions

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

-Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Notes:

• With the graphics report, you don’t have to send both reports from both tools, just the one that you currently use.
  • Make sure that your graphics output is set up with your Intel graphics while taking the report out

1. Please provide the exact model and brand of the monitor and cables tested?
  2. Did you make sure the monitor has the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer?

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello oh00oh,

In order for us to look for a resolution, can you please provide the following reports and information:

Instructions

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

DXDIAG 

Instructions

-Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

Notes:

•  With the graphics report, you don’t have to send both reports from both tools, just the one that you currently use.
  • Make sure that your graphics output is set up with your Intel graphics while taking the report out

1. Please provide the exact model and brand of the monitor and cables tested, if you can provide links where you bought them that will work as well?
  2. Did you make sure the monitor has the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer?

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello oh00oh,

We appreciate the information provided, in order for us to look for a resolution, can you please provide the following reports and information:

Instructions

DXDIAG 

Instructions

-Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

Notes:

•  With the graphics report, you don’t have to send both reports from both tools, just the one that you currently use.

1. Please provide the exact model and brand of the monitor and cables tested, if you can provide links where you bought them that will work as well?

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello oh00oh,

In order for us to look for a resolution, can you please provide the reports and information from the previous post?

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello oh00oh,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos