Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

HD Graphic 630 can not view youtube video 8K 60FPS smooth

Tai_Le
Novice

Dear Intel and Forum Team,

My laptop Dell precision can not view video 8K-60FPS smooth on Youtube, sometimes lag/stop video for a moment, can someone help me solve this problem? I had already installed latest driver for this card. Can Intel update new driver to support this function?

My laptop: Dell Precision 5520

CPU Core I7-7820HQ 2.9Ghz

RAM: 16GB

Display: UHD 4K

iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 630

dGPU: Quadro M1200 RAM 4GB

Window 10 pro-64bit latest version.

Looking forward to your support soon.

Thanks a lot!

1.JPG

0 Kudos
16 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello User15927217782858434442

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding your inquiry, please allow us to check this further and we will be providing more details as soon as possible since this could be related to the bandwidth capacity available either for the video graphics output or for the Network card or a limitation of the Internet Service Provider.

In the meantime, could you please provide the following information and details:

1- What is the behavior if you play an 8K@60fps video directly from the computer (hard drive). Is the behavior different when playing a storage video?

2- Could you please provide steps to reproduce this behavior and share a link for a YouTube™ video as a reference?

3- Is this happening on the built-in display or on an external display?

4- If using an external display, please provide display brand and model:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Tai_Le
Novice

Hi AndrewG

Thank you for your support!
Please view the link of video 8k-60FPS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yds5jgqmYpE&t 
I had already downloaded this video but cannot play by some players: VLC, Window Media Player, Movie & TV, KMPlayer 64x. You can download the video in below google drive link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UDtr3NHoIYg22mp-ULZrJs3wl_7wZ352/view?usp=sharing 
Could you let me know which player can play for this video?
I use built-in display, not use external display.
Thank you!

4.png

0 Kudos
Tai_Le
Novice

Hi AndrewG

I had already downloaded this video but cannot play by some players: VLC, Window Media Player, Movie & TV, KMplayer 64x. You can download the video in google drive link here
Thank you!

0 Kudos
Tai_Le
Novice

I don't know why I reply your post but the system marked it is spam and removed my reply, please check for me.
Thank you!

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

How about using your powerful Quadro GPU to watch videos?

Latest Windows has a new feature:

Open Windows settings/display/advanced graphics

Force high performance mode for Edge, Chrome or Firefox.

0 Kudos
Tai_Le
Novice

It is terrible, when i add Quadro GPU (dGPU) to browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, the CPU will raise utilization too high, the temperature of CPU and system go high, the video 4k/8k 60FPS somtimes stop/lag, it is worse than using Intel GPU (iGPU), please have look attached photos for details. The Quadro GPU not strong as we think, and i don't understand why it pushes CPU run too much.

Pic 1-video 4K 60FPS-2.jpgPic 2-video 4K 60FPS-2-min.png

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, we are not able to see the "reply that was removed". We apologize for any inconvenience.

Nevertheless, regarding the behavior that you described when playing 8K videos, after checking this further, we would like to inform you that the processor and its Integrated Graphics do not support hardware acceleration of 8K video. For more details please refer to: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/kaby-lake-h/overview.html datasheet page 31, table 2-12.

The GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) in your processor has "fixed-function units" (in other words hardware specific to video decoding) designed to do hardware-accelerated video decoding of up to 4K video (HEVC or VP9 codecs). Also, no driver update can change this since it is hardware dependent.

Regarding the behavior when using your discrete GPU NVIDIA® (dGPU), since your system has dual-graphics (maybe switchable or hybrid configuration), what we recommend is checking further with your computer manufacturer (OEM) regarding the capabilities and recommended settings when using the dGPU since your computer may have specific OEM customizations and your OEM is the one that handles all the technical specifications of your computer so they may provide further details.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Tai_Le
Novice

Hi AndrewG

I resend my feedback, removed one link to avoid spam.
I had already downloaded this video but cannot play by some players: VLC, Window Media Player, Movie & TV, KMplayer 64x.
Thank you!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Thank you for your response and the details provided.

Please allow us to check this behavior in our lab and we will be providing more details as soon as they are available.

Also, when you said "I had already downloaded this video but cannot play by some players" do you mean you cannot play them at all? not even for a few seconds? Do you see any error message or for instance, a black screen? Or do you mean they play but not smoothly?

Additionally, you mentioned in the thread's first post that you are using a "Display: UHD 4K" Is this the built-in display that you are using?

Best regards

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Tai_Le

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

As we already explained in a previous post on June 27th, 2020, the processor and its Integrated Graphics do not support hardware acceleration of 8K video. However, we tested this in our lab playing 4K video.

Using the YouTube™ link you shared, we tested the video on Edge, Firefox, Chrome at 2160p60 (4K), it plays smoothly on all 3 browsers, no lagging no error messages.

Also, we were not able to download the video from YouTube™ and the google drive link that you previously posted has become visible until now, however, when trying to download the video, it is asking to sign in using a Google™ account, is the Google™ drive link public?

Nevertheless, we downloaded a sample 4K video from http://jell.yfish.us/*, the video clip Filename is "jellyfish-200-mbps-4k-uhd-h264.mkv". We tested the video with 4 players, Movies & TV*, VLC*, Windows* Media Player and KMplayer 64x*, and the video plays smoothly on all of them, no lagging no error messages. Could you please download the same video clip, test it and share with us the outcome? Also, could you please kindly confirm the information requested in our previous post from June 30th?

Note:

Hardware and software used in our lab for this test:

• Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK
  • Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics 580
  • HDMI 2.0
  • Graphics driver 27.20.100.8336 and 27.20.100.8280
  • 4K Monitor.
  • Windows 10 Home Build 18363.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Tai_Le
Novice

@AndrewG_Intel 

Sorry for late reply, may laptop has problem and need send to repair.
I create new share link of this video, please download in below link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UDtr3NHoIYg22mp-ULZrJs3wl_7wZ352/view?usp=sharing
I answer some your questions.
-VLC player cannot play video 8k 60FPS in google link above, the video stop at the first frame. However, the time still count up/run (please view attched photo)
-The built-in display of my laptop is UHD 4K.
-I downloaded the same video 4K "jellyfish-200-mbps-4k-uhd-h264.mkv", video play smooth, no problem.
In my opinion, Intel HD Graphic 630 can play 8K 60FPS video on youtube if we build better driver for it. The Graphic can play video 8K 60FPS, just sometimes stop/lag a very short time.
One more thing, today i see many my posts marked as spam had been released but i cannot delete them, is there anyway to delete them?
Thank you so much for your support!

2.JPG

0 Kudos
Gpdwinario2
Beginner

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Tai_Le

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

We understand that you downloaded the 4K sample video "jellyfish-200-mbps-4k-uhd-h264.mkv" and it plays smoothly without issues. This indicates that the graphics driver and the graphics device are working fine and as expected based on Product Specifications:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/97496/intel-core-i7-7820hq-processor-8m-cache-up-to-3-90-ghz.html

Regarding 8K@60fps video playback, as we previously explained in our post from June 27th, the processor and its Integrated Graphics do not support hardware acceleration of 8K video. For more details please refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/kaby-lake-h/overview.html datasheet page 31, table 2-12.

The GPU in your processor has "fixed-function units" (in other words hardware specific to video decoding) designed to do hardware-accelerated video decoding of up to 4K video (HEVC or VP9 codecs) and no driver update can change this since it is hardware dependent.

8K@60fps video is not supported, we cannot guarantee the functionality of this configuration, but we understand you can play 8K@60fps video with short stops and laggings sometimes. At this point, we have confirmed that what is supported (4K video) is working fine since we tested this in our lab, as well you have confirmed from your side it is also working fine using the 4K sample video, and actually your system might be considered lucky (with good performance) since it is able to play 8K video (but with short inconveniences sometimes) which is beyond what it is supported: 4K.

We hope that these details have clarified your concerns.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Tai_Le
Novice

Thank you so much Andrew G!
Anyway, i think we can make this graphic card better.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Tai_Le

Thank you for your response and for your feedback and interest in making Intel's product better, this is really appreciated.

Since we both have confirmed the graphics device and drivers are working fine with 4k video playback, we will proceed to close this thread. If you have additional inquiries in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us back by posting a new question.

It has been a pleasure to assist you with this inquiry.

PD: Based on your concern, we have deleted the duplicate posts of the original answer you posted on June 26, 2020.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos