Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD Graphic driver for Ubuntu 20.04.4 and 12th i7-12700E

pw2
Novice

Hi Intel,

I am Jason. I want to install a HD graphic driver which can let the video quality become better, but I cannot find any solution so far. Can you make suggestion for the issue?

Attachment is the detailed information of VGA.

Below are the information.

1.CPU: 12th i7-12700E

2.OS: Ubuntu 20.04.4

3.Kernel version : 5.13

Also, I see updating the kernel version to 5.16 or newer may solve the problem, but I am running

Intel TCC tools on two systems, so before it finishes, I prefer to update the graphic driver by Intel HD graphic driver.

Best Regards,

Jason

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jason,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

There is no one official Linux Graphics driver version since the driver is made up of different subsystems like the kernel driver, Mesa 3D driver, and other drivers. Each has its own current release version.

Most Linux-based* distributions already include Intel® Graphics Drivers. These drivers are provided and maintained by the Linux* distribution vendors and not by Intel, we recommend contacting the Linux* Operating System Vendors: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/linux-osv.html

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jason,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos