Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

HD Graphics 620 - Laptop does not detect TV (HDMI)

JuliaVos
Beginner

Dear Intel, 

I hope I posted this in the correct thread. If not, I apologise. 

I have an Asus ZenBook UX430UA with Windows 10 and a 620HD graphics card. A while ago, my laptop stopped detecting my TV when I connect the two with an HDMI cable. I did not change anything in my settings, it just stopped working out of nowhere.

I tried switching cables but that did not help. I also tried connecting my laptop to another TV, but it also did not work. This makes me think that the problem is in my laptop (or graphics card specifically). I tried manually uninstalling the driver and installing the latest by Intel. I also tried installing an older version from the Asus website. Sadly, nothing worked. In the future, I want to purchase a monitor for my laptop and connect the two with an HDMI cable. That's why I'd really like this to be solved. 

Thanks in advance for responding!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
It sounds like you might have had a hardware error. Contact your hardware vendor for analysis of this failure.
...S
0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello JuliaVos,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Based on the troubleshooting steps performed so far I would think that this behavior could be related to the HDMI port on your device.

To confirm so, I would appreciate if you follow the steps provided in this article to get the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers.

Please run the report with the monitor connected via HDMI, this output will help to determine if the monitor is being detected.

In case the monitor is not detected then we can determine that this could be a hardware failure and you might need to check with your laptop manufacturer for a hardware inspection.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello JuliaVos,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello JuliaVos, 

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos