Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

HD graphic 530 freezing on "Logoff" windows 10 home

BJurg
Beginner

Running Windows 10 Home (version 1809) with Intel HD graphics 530. Share my system with my wife and we have two (2) profiles. Lately (i.e. several of the last graphic drivers) when I "Logoff" (i.e. bring up the start menu, click on my icon and select "Logoff" -- the system freezes.

I had to uninstall the following driver versions for this reason.

Rolled back and currently I am using 25.20.100.6373. This driver also has issues but at least is does NOT freeze.

A common error in the System log seems to be "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Is this a laptop or desktop?

If a laptop, are you using the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer?

Doc

0 Kudos
BJurg
Beginner

Desktop. It is an ASUS VivoPC M32CD. And there are not any new drivers from ASUS, as I have checked for years.

Just wondering if it is some type of conflict. Years ago I removed "Spybot Search & Destroy" as it was causing some graphical conflicts. Now the main issues seem to be between Microsoft OS and Intel.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What antivirus product are you using?

Doc

0 Kudos
BJurg
Beginner

AVG Free.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I would disable/remove AVG and any cloud-based av, and use only Windows Defender, just as a test.

Doc

0 Kudos
BJurg
Beginner

I had done that a year ago. No difference, so I do not think it is the AVG anti-virus.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello BJurg,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

I can see you’re having freezing issues when “logoff”. Can you confirm if the issue also happens using the latest driver released by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (ASUS*)? Here’s the download link of their drivers:

https://www.asus.com/Tower-PCs/VivoPC-M32CD/HelpDesk_Download/

The error that you mentioned sounds like a driver issue. Since you’re using a pre-built computer by ASUS*, we recommend you to install their latest validated driver since they have tested it and made sure that it properly works on your system.

In case the issue persists, please provide me with the following information and reports requested on the following link:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490AGdSAM/important-template-for-submitting-a-graphics-bug

Also, please confirm if the Operating System came pre-installed or you manually installed it?

Hope this helps!

Oscar A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
BJurg
Beginner

My rollback to version 25.20.100.6373, solves the freezing problem on logoff. Unfortunately, the ASUS drivers for Intel are from the year 2015 and I believe Mirosoft and Intel have done many updates/changes since then.

Right not, my system is fairly stable with 25.20.100.6373. It still has some issues with the Microsoft tile applications (mainly the games) and some flickering/screen tearing, but not as bad as the intel drivers that I had removed. Plus those versons froze the system on logout.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello BJurg,

I'm glad to hear that your system is working properly with the 25.20.100.6373 driver. In this case, what I recommend you to do is to contact the system manufacturer and provide the feedback to check if they can release and validate any future driver that will have the fix for the freezing issues you're experiencing.

Regarding the flickering issues, test different display cables (if possible) and also if it's happening in different games, please check the minimum requirements for each game to make sure your system meets the requirements.

Regards,

Oscar A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation 

0 Kudos