Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

HD4600 Flickering

idata
Employee

Dear Intel Community,

My HD4600 have some troubles with the drivers. The screen is flickering.

I tried many of them. (Newest from my MoB support site, from Intel site, 3 versions that in the Windows Driver update).

The only solution that solves the problem is if I use the VGA as Microsoft Default Graphics Card.

Please let me know if there any souliton.

Thanks!

EDIT: SSU Log added!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH the results of this utility. Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

SSU Log added to the original post.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DeluDez,

Thank you for posting.

Please, provide the following information since the report is not showing it. See below.

• Motherboard model
  • Driver version installed. Go to Device Manager> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Also, let us know:

1. Let us know which driver versions you have tested already.
  2. When did the issue start?

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Amy C,

I have an ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance motherboard.

At the moment I'm using the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' driver(?) and have no issues, but lost many of the features from the graphics.

I've tried the following drivers:

I had this issue since I have this motherboard.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information.

Please, try the following version with the steps below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]. Use the steps below for uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

Uninstalling steps:

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. The system must go through a restart to complete the uninstall process.
  7. If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. If not, repeat steps 1 through 6.

Installation steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and...

Amy C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Done! But still have this issue!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can you please confirm the version installed? Go to Device Manager> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Amy C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks /thread/130034 DeluDez.

Check with your computer manufacturer if a BIOS update can help with this behavior. Since you mentioned that the issue started with this motherboard it could be related to the motherboard. Check with their support for more troubleshooting steps and possibly more driver updates if available with their support.

Amy C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Amy C,

My BIOS is up to date. To be sure it's not a HW problem I tried an Asus H97M Plus motherboard and I got the same unwanted side effects.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What video port are you using?

Provide the brand and model of the video cable you are using.

Amy C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm using the HDMI port.

No flickering via D-Sub (but my main monitor have only HDMI and Display port).

The cable is unbranded, but not a cheap one from Ebay.

I tried 2 other cable and have the same side effects.

Also tried on my TV and and older LCD display too.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

From my end, you can try an older graphics driver. See below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27414/Beta-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=81496 Download Beta Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit-?product=81496 Download Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows® 10, 64-bit*

You may also consider trying a different Windows® 10 version or another operating system.

Amy C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/130034 DeluDez,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Amy C

0 Kudos