Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

HD510 igdkmd64.sys crashes - stable driver?

DHofm
Beginner

My system was stable since October last year. Yesterday, for some weird reason, I decided to update the driver while generally updating Windows. It's just what I usually do with all hardware and machines every couple of months.

But I forgot that Intel drivers are apparently ridiculously unstable (nothing has crashed my machines more regularly). My machine has crashed 3 times since that update yesterday.

Unfortunately, I don't know which driver version I was running before - I don't have the old driver install file and no System Restore Point.

Does Windows maybe log driver versions somewhere?

If not - is there a specific driver version that's supposed to be particularly stable?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Windows stores copies of old drivers at

c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_*\

These drivers are listed including date stamp if you select update driver in device manager.

Otherwise goto https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88351/Intel-HD-Graphics-510 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 510

Hit show more and check the date stamps there.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Windows stores copies of old drivers at

c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_*\

These drivers are listed including date stamp if you select update driver in device manager.

Otherwise goto https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88351/Intel-HD-Graphics-510 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 510

Hit show more and check the date stamps there.

DHofm
Beginner

Huh... that's odd... in that list, I only have:

But Windows Update says it installed this one two days ago:

Anyway... I'll try out the two 20.19.15.XXXX versions and hope that one of the two is the one that was stable.

Thank you very much already!

0 Kudos