Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

HD630 video hardware decoding cause inaccurate color

BBant
Beginner

When I watch youtube with chrome, I found that the the color of video was inaccurate. If I pause the video or move my mouse to make the video control to show up, the color returns to normal. If I disable the hardware acceleration for video in chrome://flags, the color is always normal. If I use Nvidia with Chrome then there is no problems. So I'm pretty sure that it's the Intel HD630 video hardware decoding that causes the inaccurate color.

I have tried all the latest drivers and it does not fix the issue.

Drivers I have tried:

Use this method to test on the video below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-iHe16gEN4

Here is the video I used to test this color shift (Use the method in the video above on this video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eWOlwFQeSM

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello BBant As mentioned previously the update related to the bug ID 1408712755 I would be posted on the thread https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Z20SAE/color-and-contrast-shift-on-youtube-vimeo-twitch-and-other-video-streaming-services, I recommend monitoring it. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello BBant Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Does this behavior happen on other browsers? If so let me know the once that you have tested. Provide me with the information requested on the following link https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490AGdSAM/important-required-information-for-reporting-graphics-issues. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello BBant I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BBant
Beginner

Hello Leonardo

I have replicated this issue on both of my devices using their inbuilt displays:

Samsung Galaxy Book (i5-7200U with HD620 graphics)

Alienware 13 (i7-7700HQ with HD630 graphics and NVIDIA GTX1060)

Both devices had the color change problem (HD620 & HD630) on YouTube video overlay when video is paused/mouse hover using Google Chrome browser with Hardware Acceleration On. When Hardware Acceleration is Off there is no color change problem.

I could not replicate the issue using Microsoft Edge.

When using the GTX1060 and Hardware Acceleration On using Google Chrome, there is no color change problem - this shows that there is a problem with Intel HD620/630 graphics causing the problem.

0 Kudos
JDupo
Beginner

I concur, the problem still persists on Optimus laptops.

My config is:

Razer Blade 14

i7-6700HQ - Intel HD Graphics 530

Driver version : 25.20.100.6373

Heres a video of the issue :  Intel Optimus Color Shift testing - YouTube

Note how the color/constrast shifts whenever a subtitle is on screen. I've tried on Netflix but it's the same issue on every video platform.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello everybody Thank you for the information. To continue the investigations please provide the information requested on the following link: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490AGdSAM/important-required-information-for-reporting-graphics-issues NOTE: include all the reports requested. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello everybody I was checking your case and would like to know if you have the information requested. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BBant
Beginner

Here is the requested info:

Description

With hardware acceleration enabled, color shifts on overlay on youtube when paused or mouse hover.

Steps to reproduce the issue/bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-iHe16gEN4

System information

• Samsung Galaxy Book (i5-7200U with HD620 graphics)
  • Alienware 13 (i7-7700HQ with HD630 graphics and NVIDIA GTX1060)
  • inbuilt laptop displays

0 Kudos
BBant
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JDupo
Beginner

Hello Leo,

Here is the info... The annoying thing is that the ticket MUST exit in your system because the issue is NOT new... I originally replied to a thread that disapeared a few weeks ago.

Description

the color/constrast shifts whenever a subtitle is on screen. I've tried on Netflix but it's the same issue on every video platform. The problem persists ever since I bought the computer

https://youtu.be/n8UISsHA1XI

Steps to reproduce the issue/bug:

1. Open any browser
  2. Play a video on youtube (make sure annotations are off)
  3. hover the mouse over the button to make the UI appear, an notice how the colors shift

System information

Razer Blade 14

i7-6700HQ - Intel HD Graphics 530

Driver version : 25.20.100.6373

0 Kudos
JDupo
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello Everybody Thank you for the information. Looking into the reports that you have shared I am noticing that you have Windows® 10 17134 build which is Windows® 10 1803 version and the Intel® Graphics driver version 25.20.100.6373 o your systems; try completing the Windows® updates on your systems and testing the Intel® DCH graphics drivers versions 25.20.100.6444, 25.20.100.6448, 25.20.100.6471, please provide me with the outcome of the testing. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BBant
Beginner

Hi, I have checked both systems and checked for updates on both which have both shown:

Untitled.png

I have tried installing the DCH drivers however they all error showing the prompt that my systems are not validated. Therefore the driver 25.20.100.6373 is the latest graphics driver compatible with the systems. I don't think that the DCH drivers have included a fix for this particular issue so would likely still have this bug. See if you can reproduce this issue with the drivers. Thank you

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello Everyone I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able to complete the updates/testing. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello BBant Thank you for the information. Have you test the Windows® 10 updated from the Microsoft web site with the Windows® 10 update assistance? Please refer to the following link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 select the option update now to download the Windows® 10 update assistance tool. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello BBant I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello BBant I was checking your case and would like to know if tried the Windows® 10 update assistance on the system. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BBant
Beginner

Hi Leonardo, I was able to install the DCH drivers after a recent windows update and managed to test the driver versions 25.20.100.6444, 25.20.100.6448 and 25.20.100.6471.

Unfortunately, the problem still persists which I have recorded a video of here: https://youtu.be/fFTea2uWhWU

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello BBant Thank you for the information. • What is the Google Chrome version installed on the system? • What extensions do you have installed on the browser? • Have you tested uninstalling and installing Google Chrome? • Did you confirm if the behavior is still not happening on other browsers after the Windows® updates? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BBant
Beginner
  • Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Only the default extensions (google docs etc) these were all disabled but the problem persists.
  • I have uninstalled and installed google chrome but did not help.
  • No problem with Microsoft Edge only Google Chrome
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello BBant Thank you for all the information and testing performed, allow me to investigate the behavior reported, i will be posting back as soon as news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos