Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HDMI does not work anymore HD graphic 630

somokos
Novice

Hi

I have Dell inspiron 7577 i7 -7700hq ,intel hd 630

recently my hdmi port goes on and off until  it does not work anymore but when i restart windows it goes on until welcome window or when i go to safeboot it works properly

I tried all solutions suggested on web

-Changing monitor

-Changing hdmi cable

-Changing driver version (even v2017)

-Reinstalling windows

What i noticed after reinstalling windows from clean partition finally it worked but when i install intel hd 630 driver it goes off and when i checked it works only with windows basic display driver 

Could anyone help me please i'm using 2 monitors

1st connected with type c adapter to hdmi

2nd connected with hdmi cable which is not working anymore

0 Kudos
8 Replies
somokos
Novice

SSU SCAN help please 😵

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

somokos, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

What is the specific model of the screen that is showing the problem?

Are you using adapter/converters to connect that monitor to the laptop or is it an HDMI straight connection?

Was this configuration of 3 displays working fine before on this same computer?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

While the 2 monitors are attached to the laptop, please run the Intel® graphics report and attach it to the thread in order for us to be able to see how the monitors are being recognized by the device:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

somokos
Novice

Thanks for your reply

• Is this a new computer?
  • No
  • When did you purchase it?
  • What is the specific model of the screen that is showing the problem?
  • All screens
  • Are you using adapter/converters to connect that monitor to the laptop or is it an HDMI straight connection?
  • Hdmi straight does not work even adapter is not connected (but type c hdmi adapter works fine)
  • Was this configuration of 3 displays working fine before on this same computer?
  • yes 
  • When did the issue start?
  • last august it started by monitor flickering goes on and off suddenly until it does not work anymore
  • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?
  • No
  • Which Windows* version are you using?
  • windows 10 21H1 pro
  • Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?
  • at home
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

somokos, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information, the SSU  and graphics report.

"All screens", what is the model of the screens?

According to the graphics report, only two displays are detected, based on the SSU report, currently, the graphics driver version installed on your computer is 27.20.100.9466, which is a driver provided by Intel®.

Just to let you know, the Intel® drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your specific platform. For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific device.

I looked on Dell's website and the graphics driver they have available in there is version, 27.20.100.9664, A07, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=mmv0w&oscode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-15-7577-laptop

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem remains, even though the Intel® drivers are generic, for testing purposes we can try a clean installation this time of Intel® graphics driver version 30.0.100.9955:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

We also advise to get in contact directly with Dell to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on the machine or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

somokos
Novice

Thanks for your reply

Firstly i tried one month ago to upgrade and downgrade my bios , i was thinking it may be the problem but nothing changed so i returned it to the latest bios.PNG

and as you mentioned i did a clean install twice today for both drivers versions  and here are ssu for each driver

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

somokos, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those results and the SSU reports.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided previously. We will now do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

somokos
Novice

Thank you so much for your help i will be waiting 😄

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello somokos, I just received an update on this matter.

Just to let you know, at this point pretty much you tried all the troubleshooting steps that we recommend for this scenario.

So, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with Dell support to report this scenario, to check if they have a fix for this situation, to verify if they can replicate the issue using the same exact computer/board being used, to confirm if a physical inspection of the machine will be needed and for further assistance on this matter, warranty options may apply on this position and if there is a fix that they need to add to their customized driver they will work with Intel® internally on trying to add a fix to the driver that is available in their website.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos