Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

HDR Enabled in Windows 10 on Intel UHD 630 causes embeded video and livestreams to error up

Graphixx
Beginner

Creating a new post bc they locked my old one bc it took a while for me to get back to them Ill post original message with replies:

I've noticed when I turn on HDR in the Windows settings with my Intel UHD 630 graphics card doing the decoding video stops after a few seconds. Turning off HDR or turning off Hardware Acceleration fixes the problem. How do I get HDR not to freeze my videos and these sites to work with it turned on? Windows 10 latest version. Issue in Chrome and Edge, Firefox works fine.

Tried updating my drivers didn't fix anything and tried uninstalling chrome, clearing cache cookies, none of that fixed it.

I noticed it was happening in Twitch streams, Pre-Recorded non-live videos on Reddit, and DLive

-----

RESPONSE from support 

Hello Graphixx,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Does this behavior occur only with live videos?
  • Were any changes made prior to this behavior?
  • What is the version of Chrome* that you are using

--------------

- Live and pre-recorded videos both

- Changes made besides turning HDR on no, just turning HDR on causes the error and turning HDR off fixes it, I'd rather have HDR just on the entire time because I enjoy using for YouTube and Netflix  videos.

- Version 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Please give me more time to respond before locking my post thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Graphixx, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In addition to the information that you already provided, we would appreciate if you could provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Get the DxDiag report and attach it to the thread: 

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.   
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.   
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.   
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

3. Please check the "Graphics bug report" document attached, it requests several information that is already included in the DxDiag.txt and SSU.txt reports. The most important parts of the document are the "Configurations" and "How to repro" categories, please fill out the document and attach it to the thread (use the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

Please let us know when can we proceed to follow-up on this matter with you. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Graphixx
Beginner

OK HERE YOU GO

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Graphixx, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Based on those reports, please try the following: 

I can see that you have 2 graphics cards, meaning that your system is using hybrid graphics, this changes a little bit since the behavior might also rely on the Operating Sytem (OS) and the other NVIDIA graphics card that you are using. However, you can try the following:  

1. You are using the BETA driver version 27.20.100.8581, please try using a stable version and see if the issue persists, please follow these instructions: 

1. Download the latest DCH drivers and save them on the computer: 
  1. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  2. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features
  3. Restart the computer. 
  4. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  5. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 
  6. Install the DCH drives that were downloaded on step 1 (try first the .8476 driver, then try the .8587). 
  7. Restart the computer. 
  8. Reconnect to the Internet. 

2. Are the pre-recorded videos stored locally on your system or do you see them through an application? For testing, please try a locally stored video and let us know about the outcome. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Graphixx,  

Were you able to check the previous post and check the information provided? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Graphixx,  

We have not heard back from you, and could not get your confirmation using the latest stable version of our graphics driver. 

Since you are using 2 different cards, chances are that this is related to the dual graphics configuration in your system, you can also check with your system manufacturer (OEM) for further support, check more information here

Since we tried following up on this with you and got no response, we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Please keep in mind that this post will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos