Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HDR option missing on DCH 25.20.100.6519 on MSI Z370 motherboard with Intel 8600k.

AAndi
Beginner

HDR used to work beautifully on my MSI Z370 Tomahawk with Intel 8600K and now that option is missing.

I am running Windows 10 Home version 1809. I am on the latest driver DCH 25.20.100.6519. MSI's support site has the 100.6374 and that doesn't show HDR either. I had saved my old dxdiag config from last year which clearly shows that HDR is supported:

Old dxdiag:

Time of this report: 1/27/2018, 19:41:02

Card name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (30Hz)

HDR Support: Supported

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (30.000Hz)

Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities: BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported 

Driver Version: 23.20.16.4901

My current dxdiag on DCH 25.20.100.6519 says:

Time of this report: 1/20/2019, 11:03:44

HDR Support: Not Supported

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported )

Driver Version: 25.20.100.6519

Should I go back to the old 23.20.16.4901 driver?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
AAndi
Beginner

Still no improvement even after installing the old driver which I downloaded separately from softpedia.

I removed existing 100.6519 manually and removed Intel Graphics control Panel as well.

Now the dxdiag says HDR is NOT supported. But last year, the same driver was supported! I even enabled YCbCr on Intel Graphics Control Panel but HDR option is not coming up on Windows HD Color Settings.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AAndi Thank you for posting in the Intel Community and reporting this behavior, please provide me with the information and the reports requested on the following link: https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P0000490AGdSAM this information will help us with the investigation for this behavior. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AAndi
Beginner

Hello Leo,

Thanks for the reply. I have currently installed MSI's 100.6374 version that I got from MSI site. Do you want dxdiag from this version or the 100.6519 version?

Thanks,

A.S. Arvind.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AAndi Yes, you can provide me with the DxDiag and the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* reports with the current installed driver, and provide a list of the driver that you have tested on the system that present the same behavior. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AAndi
Beginner

Dxdiag report is here.

0 Kudos
AAndi
Beginner

I am attaching the files.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AAndi Thank you for the information on the reports provided. Please provide me with the following information: Description Be clear on the computer/application(s) symptom(s), undesired behavior(s). obtained vs. expected result(s). How often you see the issue (e.g. rarely, always) Steps to reproduce the issue/bug: 1. 2. 3... (Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix. A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.) System information • Computer make/model, or if it is a Desktop the motherboard make/model. • Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue. • Attach the DxDiag.txt and SSU.txt reports (these are very useful as they can tell most of the computer configuration details) Additional configuration details: (Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue. ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc) Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AAndi
Beginner

Be clear on the computer/application(s) symptom(s), undesired behavior(s). obtained vs. expected result(s).

How often you see the issue (e.g. rarely, always)

Always.

Steps to reproduce the issue/bug:

1. Install DCH 100.6519 or 100.6374 version
  2. Try enabling HDR option under Windows HD color settings
  3. The HDR option itself is missing.

System information

• Computer make/model, or if it is a Desktop the motherboard make/model.

MSI Z370 Motherboard with Intle 8600K and 16GB RAM

• Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue.

Computer HDMI -> Denon AV Receiver HDMI -> Epson Projector 4040 HDMI.

• Attach the DxDiag.txt and SSU.txt reports (these are very useful as they can tell most of the computer configuration details.)

Already attached above.

Additional configuration details:

(Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc)

High-speed HDMI cables all the way.

HDR works on this same machine and setup when I use the Nvidia GTX 970 card via HDMI.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AAndi Thank you for all the information provided about this behavior, allow me to investigate it, I will be posting back when news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AAndi Thank you for waiting. Allow me to let you know that we are investigating this report. Could go ahead and test connecting the HDR capable display directly to the computer (bypassing the Denon AVR receiver) and report if the issue persists or not, using this configuration complete DxDiag file report and attach it to the community. This information can help us a lot. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AAndi
Beginner

Hello,

I connected Intel UHD 630 to my Epson PJ directly via HDMI. Still the same results. I tried switching to 24/29/30hz but still HDR option would not appear.

I have attached the dxdiag report with display driver supplied from MSI (25.20.100.6374).

0 Kudos
AAndi
Beginner

Additional Info: The color is displayed as 8-bit 4:4:4 (I see this on Epson Projector display menu). There is no setting in the Intel Graphics Control Panel to change this to 10-bit 4:2:0 or any other. It just has an option to enable or disable YCbCr.

0 Kudos
AAndi
Beginner

Now, I downloaded the driver 100.6519 from Intel site and manually upgraded. The results are the same. Fresh dxdiag attached.

0 Kudos
AAndi
Beginner

Leo, users must have an option to select YCbCr 4:2:0 or RGB and also select 8-bit or 10-bit output. NVIDIA Control Panel has this option and 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:0 allows me to turn on HDR. Intel Graphics Control Panel has a very basic YCbCr enable or disable and enabling puts the signal at 8-bit 4:4:4 SDR. If Intel doesn't allow output to be chosen manually, then HDR may never work even though Intel claims it works (and it actually did like a year ago).

Attaching the Projector directly without the Denon AVR has not improved things.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AAndi Thank you for completing the testing. Let me investigate this behavior. i will be posting back as soon as news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AAndi Thank you for waiting. We have been able to test our drivers with 25.20.100.6519 and Windows 10 RS5 with our LG OLED55E6P and got HDR working correctly. In this case, you should report this directly to MSI since as per motherboard specs https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z370-TOMAHAWK/Specification it appears the HDMI port on this motherboard is still revision 1.4a. Intel only guarantees HDR functionality when using HDMI 2.0a or DP 1.4 Regarding an option to set YCbCr 4:4:4 this is currently in the works, actually a whole new Control Panel is going to be released. Refer to: https://twitter.com/IntelGraphics/status/1084888003011637249 Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos