Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

HELLO :) WHY ISN`T THE INTEL PROCESSOR DOWNLOAD UPDATING PROPERLY?

MJOHN65
Beginner

Hello 🙂

I got the following message from Adobe.

intel update.jpg

I`m using this link to update my processor driver,:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Apparently I need to update my intel driver.

ASPIRE Z24-880 SPECIFICATIONS.jpg

My comp specs.

Here is the message on the intel page, says 15 minutes but sits there for 2 or 3 hours. Tried last night, then trying again tonight.

INTEL2.jpgOnce this message clears there is an install button on the page, I tried it, it read 1 of 1 to install, but as soon as I pressed the button it read 0 of 0 to install...

and basically just hung there with a spinning blue circle.

I`m using an Acer z24-880.

was able to update my nvidea graphics driver fine and also my version of windows 10 to latest build 2019. Hopefully I can do the same with the intel driver. Again because Adobe have recommended to do this for better software performance with Premiere editing.

thank you. Hopefully I can get resolution on this :)!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

You must also have Intel graphics for such a message. Get the proper intel driver from Acer.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Do you have dual graphics (nvidia and intel)? if so, you must use the drivers provided by acer.

That said, is your processor a i7-7700T? If so, you can try using the driver here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28888?product=97122

If you are still having problems, contact acer support for assistance, as they are responsible for support of your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
MJOHN65
Beginner

Hi Al, thanks for the assistance, no I only have 1 graphics card, Nvidea, i`ve updated that driver already.

The adobe premiere message states I need to update the intel chip driver (?).

yes that is my processor. i7-7700T

I downloaded the file from that link, but I get this error message on attempting installation...

not validated driver.jpg

I thought intel would have a more robust, simpler and more connected ecosystem with microsoft to install driver updates..

This is painful for a non tech (most people).

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You must also have Intel graphics for such a message. Get the proper intel driver from Acer.

Doc

0 Kudos
MJOHN65
Beginner

Thankyou, following up with them now. Al.

0 Kudos