Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJOHN65
Beginner

HELLO :) WHY ISN`T THE INTEL PROCESSOR DOWNLOAD UPDATING PROPERLY?

Jump to solution

Hello 🙂

I got the following message from Adobe.

intel update.jpg

I`m using this link to update my processor driver,:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Apparently I need to update my intel driver.

ASPIRE Z24-880 SPECIFICATIONS.jpg

My comp specs.

Here is the message on the intel page, says 15 minutes but sits there for 2 or 3 hours. Tried last night, then trying again tonight.

INTEL2.jpgOnce this message clears there is an install button on the page, I tried it, it read 1 of 1 to install, but as soon as I pressed the button it read 0 of 0 to install...

and basically just hung there with a spinning blue circle.

I`m using an Acer z24-880.

was able to update my nvidea graphics driver fine and also my version of windows 10 to latest build 2019. Hopefully I can do the same with the intel driver. Again because Adobe have recommended to do this for better software performance with Premiere editing.

thank you. Hopefully I can get resolution on this :)!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

You must also have Intel graphics for such a message. Get the proper intel driver from Acer.

Doc

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Do you have dual graphics (nvidia and intel)? if so, you must use the drivers provided by acer.

That said, is your processor a i7-7700T? If so, you can try using the driver here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28888?product=97122

If you are still having problems, contact acer support for assistance, as they are responsible for support of your laptop.

Doc

MJOHN65
Beginner

Hi Al, thanks for the assistance, no I only have 1 graphics card, Nvidea, i`ve updated that driver already.

The adobe premiere message states I need to update the intel chip driver (?).

yes that is my processor. i7-7700T

I downloaded the file from that link, but I get this error message on attempting installation...

not validated driver.jpg

I thought intel would have a more robust, simpler and more connected ecosystem with microsoft to install driver updates..

This is painful for a non tech (most people).

AlHill
Super User

You must also have Intel graphics for such a message. Get the proper intel driver from Acer.

Doc

View solution in original post

MJOHN65
Beginner

Thankyou, following up with them now. Al.