Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HOW to UPDATE DRIVER for HD GRAPHICS 4000 - What is the latest Driver? Make 8086 Driver date is 4/4/2016 Version 10.18.10.4425 On a Lenovo Thinkpad x230 running Windows 7. I am getting an error/warning when running Android Studio.

lalex10
Beginner

HOW to UPDATE DRIVER for HD GRAPHICS 4000 - What is the latest Driver?

Make 8086

Driver date is 4/4/2016 

Version 10.18.10.4425

On a Lenovo Thinkpad x230 running Windows 7. 

I am getting an error/warning when running Android Studio. When I run the Intel utility to automatically detect etc. It fails (it cannot even run basically) so I want to do this manually

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lalex10
Beginner

i saw this too and will probably try it one out but i was not sure . a few questions

i) why does Windows (Dev Manager) say "that my drivers are up to date" when they are not (judging from the dates)

ii) I assume series 4000 is 4th Generation ??

iii) is there a chance that i mess drivers up due to incompatibilities or are is this checked before installation??

iv) why does this Intel auto checker/installer FAIL to run.. ?? it is not due to my antivirus etc protection

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
lalex10
Beginner

Intel® HD Graphics 2500 and Intel® HD Graphics 4000 are the 3rd generation of Intel® Core™ Processor graphics.

0 Kudos
lalex10
Beginner

Hi..

So i tried to install the recommended Driver ie.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28799/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=81499

. Unfortunately the system does not allow me to..

I use a Lenovo Thinkpad x230 as i said..

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Setup will exit " etc..

Is there a way to get around this? I understand that i do this AT MY OWN RISK.. By 2ble clicking the exe and going through the wizard is not working..

Is this why the DSA is failing too?

0 Kudos
lalex10
Beginner

Done.. But the process had to be done MANUALLY -- ie. Download the zip (not the exe)..

Unpack .. etc.. see

https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

0 Kudos