Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lalex10
Beginner

HOW to UPDATE DRIVER for HD GRAPHICS 4000 - What is the latest Driver? Make 8086 Driver date is 4/4/2016 Version 10.18.10.4425 On a Lenovo Thinkpad x230 running Windows 7. I am getting an error/warning when running Android Studio.

HOW to UPDATE DRIVER for HD GRAPHICS 4000 - What is the latest Driver?

Make 8086

Driver date is 4/4/2016 

Version 10.18.10.4425

On a Lenovo Thinkpad x230 running Windows 7. 

I am getting an error/warning when running Android Studio. When I run the Intel utility to automatically detect etc. It fails (it cannot even run basically) so I want to do this manually

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

lalex10
Beginner

i saw this too and will probably try it one out but i was not sure . a few questions

i) why does Windows (Dev Manager) say "that my drivers are up to date" when they are not (judging from the dates)

ii) I assume series 4000 is 4th Generation ??

iii) is there a chance that i mess drivers up due to incompatibilities or are is this checked before installation??

iv) why does this Intel auto checker/installer FAIL to run.. ?? it is not due to my antivirus etc protection

Many thanks!

lalex10
Beginner

Intel® HD Graphics 2500 and Intel® HD Graphics 4000 are the 3rd generation of Intel® Core™ Processor graphics.

lalex10
Beginner

Hi..

So i tried to install the recommended Driver ie.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28799/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=814...

. Unfortunately the system does not allow me to..

I use a Lenovo Thinkpad x230 as i said..

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Setup will exit " etc..

Is there a way to get around this? I understand that i do this AT MY OWN RISK.. By 2ble clicking the exe and going through the wizard is not working..

Is this why the DSA is failing too?

lalex10
Beginner

Done.. But the process had to be done MANUALLY -- ie. Download the zip (not the exe)..

Unpack .. etc.. see

https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-com...