Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

HP Elitebook 840 G6 with win 10 1607 installed

ymc1016
Beginner

Are HP Elitebook 840 G6 compatible with windows 10 1607?

It seems that the Graphics Card driver and Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller Driver cannot be detected on win 10 1607.

Does anyone encountered such problems?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

W10 1607 is from 2016, which was four years ago, right?

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel's graphics driver supports only three revisions back from the latest. This means that 2004, 1090, 1904 and 1809 are the supported versions. You need to be using a newer version for you initial install of Windows 10.

Sorry, reality bites,

...S

0 Kudos
ymc1016
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Oh Yes!

You can look for older versions of the driver package that will support 1607, but Intel has been regularly dropping download support for unsupported versions of the driver packages. I would add that there are a lot of driver issues that have been fixed over time that you will not have access to if you go this route.

The general issue with the LTSB releases is that no one but Microsoft has any commitment to them, yet Microsoft will take no responsibility for maintaining the drivers available at the time of the release. If I was developing a product, I would see this half-hearted effort and turn away quickly (in disgust). The problem with Microsoft blindly throwing these stakes in the ground is that it increases the number of releases that every other company has to support for their hardware. This adds significantly to validation time requirements and to validation costs.

...S

0 Kudos
ymc1016
Beginner

Yes...four years ago product

Our company has its own developed systems which are compatible to windows 10 LTSB 1607

There would be a numerous testings before launching to users If the OS had to be upgraded

I just tried to find some ways that could fix the problem instantly

Hopefully there are ways out....

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU 1.60GHz

8th Gen

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos