Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

HP Pavilion 15 cs1045tx with Intel UHD 620 screen flickering

brolight94
Beginner

IMG_20200929_140955.jpg

I'm using Pavilion 15 cs1045tx with Intel UHD 620 graphics card and NVIDIA MX 130. When I use the laptop for a while, the screen flickers and splits the view like this. When I choose the other refresh rate, it becomes normal but just for a while then it flickers again. When I reinstall the UHD 620 driver, the same thing happens. I reinstall Windows too but the screen still flickers after updating the driver. When I close the lid and open it again, it becomes normal again then still flickers. I've tried many drivers but nothing worked. Now I don't know what to do with this sisuation. I need help!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This looks to me to potentially be a failing display and not anything to do with the graphics driver. If this is the case, you will either need to have this display (or the whole unit) replaced.

If you really want to play with the drivers, I suggest you go back to the most recent drivers that are being provided by HP. If these drivers have been modified by HP to support the dual-graphics situation, installing later drivers from Intel or NVIDIA will likely result in operational issues (like flickering) or features not working.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello brolight94,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

The information provided by the community member n_scott_pearson is really accurate. However, we would like to investigate more in order to help you.

Please, provide us the below information:

• By any chance, did you test an external display? Please let us know if the issue persisted in the external monitor.

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
brolight94
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

About your question, I didn't test with an external display. But I'm pretty sure it's because of the UHD 620 Graphics. When I uninstall or disable the driver of UHD 620, my screen becomes normal. The point is it's really hard to use the laptop without graphics driver, I can't adjust the brightness or it's kinda laggy because the refresh rate is not true without driver.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Your laptop vendor probably had customizations in the drivers and you lost them by upgrading the drivers. Go back to those from your vendor. If it then works, you know you need the vendor to provide you with updates.
...S
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello brolight94,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello brolight94,

Thank you for the information provided.

I would like to check the drivers that you are using, can you please provide us the below report so we can gather the information?

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

If you are not able to provide the report, please provide us with the below answers:

• Specific OS, version and build. 
  • Intel Graphics Driver you are currently using. 
  • Specific Nvidia Driver. 
  • BIOS version. 

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello brolight94,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello brolight94,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. Since we do not receive the information we requested we cannot provide you with accurate information, however, we encourage you to follow the n_scott_pearson's recommendations and contact back your vendor (equipment manufacturer) for further support since hybrid graphics systems are highly customized and the best course of action is to use the customized drivers from that the vendor provides. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos