Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

HWinfo64 and latest UHD750 driver version 3222 problem.

Duxy
Novice

Hello,

I have noticed that iGPU values are no longer correctly reported in HWINFO64.

Clock speed is stuck at 1300MHz , all previous drivers reported the correct idle clock of 350MHz.

Same with iGPU vid values.

Other hardware monitoring, report a wrong iGPU temperature now and an idle frequency of 153 MHz , which are both also not correct and in conflict with wat hwinfo reports.

All of this only since the new driver 3222. All previous drivers reported correct expected values.

Can some of the developers look into this and maybe get a fix out please?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Wait until HWiNfo is updated to recognize the new driver.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Duxy
Novice

No, since this is not a problem from hwinfo but a problem created by this driver.

Just the same as AMD and Nvidia just encountered, they changed something in driver and broke every hw report program.

Same deal here, intel has to fix it.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Duxy, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Since HWINFO64 is a third-party tool, regardless of the driver being used, the results showing there might not be that accurate.

In order to rule out a possible hardware problem with the Intel® processor, please install and run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, which is the tool we rely on and it does an overall test on the unit, if it passes the test it means it is working properly:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?wapkw=intel%20processor%20diagnostic%20tool

You mentioned the problem started after installing graphics driver version 3222. For testing purposes, could you please try to install Intel® graphics driver version 30.0.101.1994 and let us know the results? This is in order for us to verify if this problem, as you mention, is related to a regression issue and to confirm the driver version that works properly:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/732078/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Or, if by any chance you remember which were the driver versions that you tested before, that did not show this problem, let us know those versions so we can do further research on this matter.

Additionally, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Duxy
Novice

Hello,

I can assure that with driver version 30.0.101.1994 (and older) the clock speeds were reported correctly as they went from idle to load.

From 350 to 1300 MHz.

Since driver 3222, the clock gets reported as being constant 1300, and when running hwinfo64 long enough like several hours i may find a minimum of 350 MHz , so it sometimes has to pick up the correct idle speed but hardly ever.

I can remember core temps of the CPU were reported as 0° often in hwinfo64 until this was fixed with a CPU microcode update.

I guess something similar is going on here but caused by driver changes.

Greetings

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Duxy, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

It is important to mention that we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the motherboard since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on MSI's website and the latest graphics driver they have available is version 30.0.100.9805.

So, we will do further research on this matter to try to find a possible fix for this scenario. In order for us to be able to do that, first, we just wanted to confirm the following details:

Did the Intel® processor pass the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test?

Even though you stated that the problem only happens while using driver version 3222, we just needed to check, did you test MSI's graphics driver version 30.0.100.9805 too? 

If you did, does the problem happen with that driver version as well?

If you don't, please try a clean installation of driver 30.0.100.9805 using the instructions from the links below. Once you get the chance let us know the results so we can continue with our assistance on this topic:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-Z590-TOMAHAWK-WIFI/support#driver

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Duxy
Novice

Hello,

There is no real MSI customized driver, it is the same as generic Intel driver.

So i never used MSI (Intel) driver but only Intel drivers directly from Intel and they always worked as expected.

The problem only started with the latest 3222 driver.

Processor Diagnostic tool gives a complete green Pass on every test.

Another unrelated problem is that after every Intel graphics driver update that happens in windows 11, Windows just reverts the driver to their very OLD (27.20.100.9127) version with the next windows update check which is a pest (default windows behavior that needs to be blocked by group policy which windows home users don't get).

Greetings.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You do not need GPEDIT to block the driver.  Use the Microsoft wushowhide utility instead:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/53184.show-or-hide-updates-utility-fixing-automatic-installation-of-a-problematic-update-in-windows-10-version-1903.aspx

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Duxy
Novice

Processor Diagnostic tool gave a green Pass all over, but it skipped the/some iGpu test and gave it a green pass.

I have never used the MSI driver before, i always used the latest Intel Drivers which have never had this problem with stuck clock speeds reported.

This just started with the latest driver 3222 and windows 11 22000.832, now updated to Windows 11 22000.856, the problem remains.

This iGpu is running as secondary next to a AMD Vega 64 (using latest driver 22.7.1) as primary (as set in UEFI) (though windows calls the iGPU gpu 0 and the dGPU is numbered 1). 

kind greetings.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Duxy, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to the HWinfo64 scenario, we will do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Duxy, I just received an update on this matter.

While working on your case, it is important to mention that as a third-party tool we do not know how it is designed to read our frequencies, it can vary. The reported issue is also happening on third-party products such as AMD, so this might indicate issues with the app itself. The tool might need optimization updates for different hardware and since we do not know their design we cannot confirm those details.

Do you have the option to install and run the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)?  

This tool is to check the max frequency, processor graphics frequency, temperature per core, memory frequency, and other parameters for processors that are supported by the app.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

In the following link, you will find additional details on how to check different parameters using Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000028519/processors/intel-core-processors.html

Once you get the chance, please let us know if the results are the same as when using HWinfo64.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Duxy, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Duxy
Novice

The problem has been solved.

The 11th gen i7-11700K cpu has died within days of installing the graphics driver and the igpu no longer clocking down.

So in fact the i7-11700K has died within 8 months of use without ever been overclocked.

This is very promising for the future hey..  i got a new cpu under warranty.

This is also the very first intel cpu that ever died on me in 30 years of pc building.

Congratulations Intel, i see your products are regressing like everything else nowadays,  Tech business cheeping out on everything ?

Anyway, i'm running again , till this cpu decides to just give up also, hopefully it won't but if it does i hope it will still be in warranty.

0 Kudos
sm00thpapa
Beginner

Same here. My 11400 and 11600K are stuck at 1300MHz for the IGPU. I tried the last 3 drivers and it's still stuck at 1300MHz.

0 Kudos