Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Half screen goes black in games in a Lenovo Miix 320

VFont
Beginner

Hi!

First of all sorry for my bad English.

I rencently bought a Windows 10 tablet, a Lenovo Miix 320 with an Intel Atom x5-Z835 and Intel HD Graphics with native resolution of 1280 x 800.

The problem is that i want to play some old games in Steam, but when the game start, aprox half of the screen (1/3 ) goes black. I have the same problem with the ePSXe emulator, but when i change the graphics plugin to an OpenGL based plugin I no longer have this issue.

The version of the graphic driver is 20.19.15.4444.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi VicenteFNowell, We will do our best to try to fix this problem.

We recommend to install the graphics drivers provided by the manufacturer of the computer, those drivers were customized by them to work with your specific platform. I looked on Lenovo's web site and I found graphics driver version:

VGA_20.19.15.4352:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/tablets/miix-series/miix-320-10icr/downloads https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/tablets/miix-series/miix-320-10icr/downloads

If the problem persists then we can try to install the Intel generic graphics driver version 15.40.38.4963:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27780/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27780/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
VFont
Beginner

Hi Alberto.

I tried both of the solutions and none of them solved the problem. Maybe the problem is with some games or applications. But there is a new problem now...

I followed your indications, and the last thing i do was the installation of Intel Graphics Driver. The instalation went well, but i can't rotate the screen now, this function seems to be disabled now, and limitates strongly the tablet.

Did you know any solution?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vicente Fontan, Thank you for providing those results.

The Intel graphics drivers are generic, that could be the reason why the option to rotate the screen got disable. In this case, we recommend to re-install the graphics driver provided by Lenovo in order to enable the option again.

Did you get in contact with the game developer to make sure the games will run properly with the hardware/software you have and to verify the minimum requirements of them?

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@VicenteFNowell: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
VFont
Beginner

Hi, Alberto.

First of all i want to apologise for not answering you earlier, i was working and i forgot it.

I noticed that when i use the system in tablet mode, it allows me to rotate the screen but when I use it in PC mode the rotation is blocked in the dash menu, so problem solved.

The problem of the half of the screen going black in certains games still remain. The system specs are higher than the requisites, but it has to be a problem of compatibility with old games or something. I try with lenovo drivers and intel drivers and it persist.

Thanks for all,

Vicente.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi VicenteFNowell: No problem at all, it is great to hear the rotation problem got fixed.

Yes, in this case the problem seems to be related to compatibility with older games. Since you already try both the Intel generic and the Lenovo graphics drivers, what we recommend to do next is to get in contact directly with Lenovo to check if they might have a different graphics driver version for your system or for them to provide further suggestions on this subject.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos