Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Hardware acceleration has stopped working

idata
Employee

In the last couple of days my laptop's hardware acceleration has completely stopped working. dxdiag lists directdraw and direct3D as both being disabled. As a result, none of the games on my computer are working properly besides the ones which use DOSBox. This includes Freecell and Minesweeper, which give me the message "Hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card, which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on." Freecell and Minesweeper run slowly, while other games, such as those bought on Steam, tell me they aren't finding DirectX and are refusing to run at all. I have an Intel GM965 Chipset, according to the site. This has only started in the last couple of days and up until then all of this worked without problems. Is there anything I can do to get hardware acceleration working again?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Found another problem. My computer can't play videos anymore, either. Videos playing in Flash seem to work, but if I download and play a video, it won't work. I would really appreciate help with this, this is really bizarre.

0 Kudos