Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Has anyone had an issue with and found a solution to windows 10 dell machine HD-530 card will not use 3 monitors even though the 3rd monitor is in device manager. Weird

Gene7oh
Beginner

The option for the 3rd monitor in the display settings is automatically set to "disconnect this display". If set to extend this display the the number 2 display is set to "disconnect this display"

Hope that made sense.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Dell is the integrator. Contact them about THEIR hardware and its support.

Doc

0 Kudos
Gene7oh
Beginner

Have you heard of such a thing? I just find it kind of hard to fathom limiting a graphics card to less than it's full potential

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The processor supports three monitors. It is dell's hardware integration that is the problem. Contact DELL.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025672/graphics-drivers.html

Doc

0 Kudos
Gene7oh
Beginner

I probably should have mentioned that I am in the process of contacting Dell support. Was hoping someone had the same issue and what the results of that contact with Dell produced.

Thank you for your prompt replies and I am heading to the links right now.

0 Kudos
Gene7oh
Beginner

after contacting dell and updating to the very latest driver and bios the intel graphics settings software is the ONLY thing that does not detect the 3rd display. Windows detects all 3 in the device manager, the display settings(right click desktop) and every advanced display setting.

Seems hard to believe it is a Dell or Windows issue at this point.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

\

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Contact dell for support with this. They are the integrator, and were supposed to have tested this on your device.

As I said, the processor supports three monitors.

Doc

0 Kudos
Gene7oh
Beginner

When you say "supposed to have tested" I am assuming you mean to make sure the product works.

That said are you saying that there are some devices this product will not work as intended on?

Or are saying if it didn't work the product is defective?

wondering because, as I said, all window settings see the 3 displays only the intel graphics settings only acknowledges 2, even after choosing detect in the control panel.

Thank you for your prompt replies

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What I am saying is that Dell is the integrator and built the laptop, and that you need to speak with Dell.

Doc

0 Kudos
Gene7oh
Beginner

That is certainly the case you saying that is.

So in short you have never heard of such a thing let alone if anyone has solved the issue.

Thank you for your prompt replies and pleasant distractions.

0 Kudos