Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Having trouble playing World of Warcraft.

TEvel
Beginner

I am using ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H170-PRO

equipped with

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

Intel® Core™ i5-6402P CPU @ 2.80GHz

Intel® HD Graphics 510

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Whenever I start my gameplay, I can start out at about 100 fps which only lasts for about 3 minutes or so.

After that my screen freezes briefly, I get a black screen, game come back

frozen, unfreezes and is playable again but only at 14-16 fps.

I open my device manager and both Intel Graphics 510 and Nvidia GTX 960 show errors.

Run a diagnostic, and I either get a blue screen and have to reboot or it tells me there is no problem found.

Please help me figure out this problem.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello TEvel, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would like to begin by requesting a DxDiag report, please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. I will analyze the report and from there we can start troubleshooting this issue. It would be helpful if you could attach a video file showing the issue you are experiencing. Also, please show me the error that appears which you mentioned happen with both graphics adapters in device manager, this way I can have more background of what the issue is. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TEvel
Beginner

Here is the DxDiag report.

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I think either graphics drivers are corrupted or windows directx files are might be missing or corrupted

do the following

Before playing disable windows defender , or disable antivirus products .

add the game related files say .exe , .dll in the exclusion list of antivirus products .

allow the game .exe in firewall products

type below commands one by one in cmd, then press enter

Sfc.exe /Scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

cls

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

restart the windows .

for analysis blue screen error I need memory dump files .

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello TEvel, Thank you for your response. The first thing I notice in the report is that you do not have the latest Windows update. Please proceed to update the Windows* build using Windows updater or else, access the link below in order to download the updater: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 * Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * Also, I see that you are using the latest graphics adapter which was released with the latest Windows update in mind so please proceed with the installation of the Windows update and test the game. Let me know if issues arise afterwards. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TEvel
Beginner
I did the Windows Update as suggested. I started the game at 65 fps Exactly 2 minutes later, my screen froze briefly, I got a black screen, game came back frozen, unfrozen and playable again but only at 15 fps. I looked at my Device Manager and still shows errors. Here is a snip it of my Device Manager showing errors to Display Adapters, IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and Storage Controllers. I have also attached another DxDiag report. Please let me know if you see anything that can help. Thank-you for your help. [image: image.png]
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello TEvel, Thank you for your response. Have you tried re-installing the game? Sometimes game files may get corrupted or not work properly and re-installing the game can actually address problems encountered. Let me know if you are able to do so. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TEvel
Beginner
I uninstalled and re-installed the game, I uninstalled and re-installed the he devices and drivers. I'm at my wits end trying to figure out this problem. At this point, I'm not sure if this is a Windows. Intel, or NVIDIA problem.
0 Kudos
TEvel
Beginner
I also noticed something else but I'm not sure what it means. [image: image.png] [image: image.png] [image: image.png] [image: image.png] These are the 4 things that are showing errors.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello TEvel, Thank you for your response. I am unable to see the attachments you have provided, if possible, please provide me with the attachments again. Make sure to attach the files directly in the thread and not via e-mail. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TEvel
Beginner

Here are the images againAnnotation 2019-04-18 140806.jpgAnnotation 2019-04-18 141329.jpgAnnotation 2019-04-18 140931.jpg

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A102&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_31\3&11583659&5&B8 was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A102&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_31\3&11583659&5&B8

Class Guid: {4d36e96a-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Path: 

Migration Rank: 0x0

Present: true

Annotation 2019-04-18 141416.jpg

Device ROOT\SPACEPORT\0000 was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: ROOT\SPACEPORT\0000

Class Guid: {4d36e97b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Path: 

Migration Rank: 0x0

Present: true

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello TEvel, Thank you for your response. Let's try re-installing the latest graphics drivers, this time doing a clean installation of the drivers. Please start installing the Intel ® graphics adapter driver and then continue with the dedicated video graphics. Refer to the link below and follow the steps: 1 - Download the .zip driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28731/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=88351 2 - Disconnect the computer from the internet.  3 - Go to device manager and check under display adapters. 4 - Right-click on the Intel ® Integrated Graphics, select the option uninstall and keep going until you only have Microsoft's basic display adapter. 5 - Unzip the file you downloaded previously. 6 - Right-click on the Microsoft's basic display adapter and select "Update driver". 7 - Select the option "Browse my computer for driver software. 8 - Select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".  9 - Select the option "Have disk". 10 - Select the option "Browse". 11 - Access the designated location or folder where you unzipped the driver downloaded and access a folder called "Graphics".  12 - Select the setup information file (Typically named either "idglh64" or "igdlh"). 13 - Click on open and then click OK, finally click Next and the drivers will begin to install.  14 - Reboot your computer when the installation is completed. After doing so, please re-install the dedicated graphics card drivers, it is recommended to do a clean installation as well, for assistance on how to do so, please get in contact with Nvidia support or, try looking to see if there is a software or any way to install the drivers. When the re-installation is complete, try with the game again and let me know the outcome. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TEvel
Beginner

I did everything listed and followed the directions to the letter.

The same thing happens.

It started at 85 fps, lasted for exactly 2 minutes, game froze, screen went black, game came back, unfrozen and operating at 17 fps.

I'm no computer expert, but it seems to me that there's some kind of communication breakdown between the chip and the card.

I'm starting to wonder now if there's a problems with maybe a faulty chip, motherboard or graphics card.

Maybe this isn't a software problem but a hardware problem.

What do you think?

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello TEvel, Thank you for your response. That could be a possibility, but before concluding in a hardware problem, I would strongly recommend reporting this issue to the game developers so that they can see if the issue is indeed hardware or software. They should be able to debug the issue with your assistance, that is why I recommend this step, you can open a support ticket with them to see if assistance is provided. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos