Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Hello, I'm using a Lenovo Y700 with an I7 6700HQ processor

MKhai8
Beginner

and ive been having a hard time downloading the latest driver i downloaded one from the website here but i got an error saying different system or something

when i restarted a driver was automatically installed and my Intel graphics settings disappeared! i cant seem to find em i right click on desktop its not there even searching for it in windows or doing the shortcut doesnt pop it up

i need help finding the latest driver one that works! on my system and how to make sure it doesnt disappear on me again i use it daily! and i cant just install and uninstall it every day or hour please help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MKhai8
Beginner

Also the application that i downloaded to automatically find me the latest driver doesnt work! it doesnt detect taht im even missing my processor/integrated graphics drivers

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Use the drivers for your graphics provided by Lenovo.

As far as disappearing, contact Microsoft. They do driveby driver replacement without your knowledge or permission.

Doc

0 Kudos
MKhai8
Beginner

so i should uninstall the one they automatically installed when i restarted and install the one they never updated on their website since 2018?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"so i should uninstall the one they automatically installed when i restarted and install the one they never updated on their website since 2018?"

Yes. And complain to Lenovo about not updating their drivers.

Also, you can block Windows update from replacing your drivers.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

With the DCH driver model, context menu-based control panels are disallowed. Instead, you will see a replacement application installed via the MS App Store. It will be in your Start Menu with name Intel Graphics Command Center. There is also a version of the Intel Graphics Control Panel that can be installed from the App Store if you like the old format better.

...S

0 Kudos