Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Help Intel NUC9i9QNX1 Ghost Canyon - Core i9-9980HK - B

Søren
Beginner
i bought that pc
before I had Intel nuc I7 G10

i can not get it to run above 120 Hz on my samsung 49 "Gammer screen Video interfaces HDMI, USB-C
I can only use HDMI I do not get any signal via USB-C Thunderbolt 3
can it fit I can not use that output to my core signal via USB-C Thunderbolt 3
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Søren, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new Intel® NUC?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Søren
Beginner

Hi

Yes a new intel nuc  NUC9i9QNX1 Ghost Canyon - Core i9-9980HK

My old model Intel Nuc I7 G10 yes 149 Mhz on my screen

When did the issue start from start I can only run 120 Mhz on my screen with the new Intel nuc via HDMI

so I can not understand that the new one can not run 149 MHz at 3840x2160 at 149 MHz

but the old model can do it CAN  run 149 MHz at 3840x2160 at 149 MHz Model BXNUC10I7FNH2

i have so try to connect via Video-interfaces USB-C Thunderbolt 3/USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 here my pc will not boot on on my screen show i use this output

I can not understand that it should be able to run with 3 screens ind 4K

0 Kudos
Søren
Beginner

Video-interfaces USB-C   

my screen   Samsung Curved C49HG90D 49"    Maximum supported resolution: Full HD 3840x1080 at 144 Hz

I could run it on my old Intel Nuc NUC10I7FNH  Full HD 3840x1080 at 144 Hz

the new one I bought    intel nuc  NUC9i9QNX1 Ghost Canyon - Core i9-9980HK   only run  3840x1080 at 120 Hz 

Video-interfaces USB-C   this sport I can not get to run up on my screen

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

On the QN NUC, you have a Core i9-9980HK processor. This processor supports Intel UHD Graphics 630. This means that it supports the output of HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2. This means that its maximum output in HDMI is 4096x2304@30Hz (4K@30Hz) and its maximum output on DisplayPort is 4096x2304@60Hz (4K@60Hz). Your NUC includes a LSPcon IC, which converts a DisplayPort 1.2 output into a HDMI 2.0a output. This signal is still limited by the DisplayPort capability, however.

So, now you have a 3840x1080 monitor. Do the math. With DisplayPort 1.2, this means the maximum supported speed would be 136.5Hz. This is (way) below the 144Hz speed and thus the next lower supported speed, namely 120Hz, is supported.

Bottom line, you are getting exactly what you should expect to get. Note that switching to TBT3 ports is not going to change this; the limits of the DisplayPort 1.2 signal from the processor remain the same; having the faster transport capability of TBT3 doesn't help.

Switching to your other issue, have you,

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Søren
Beginner

can i use it in my pc or use it too much power is it too large in size

ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 SUPEROC

Video kort, PCI Express 3.0, 6GB GDDR6

Varenummer: 1183519 / Producentens varenr: TUF-GTX1660S-O6G-GAMING

0 Kudos
Søren
Beginner

after update and Thunderbolt FW Update for the Intel NUC9QN-Version 60

update bios i got new error i can not figure out afkan in help with it  a usb driver error

Windows har stoppet enheden, da den har rapporteret fejl. (Kode 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Ukendt USB-enhed (anmodning om enhedsbeskrivelse mislykkedes)

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&1c4020e3&0&4 was configured.

Driver Name: usb.inf
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.19041.488
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
Matching Device Id: USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
Outranked Drivers: usb.inf:USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE:00FF2000
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\VID_1C04&PID_2074\MSFT200000000A659E

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This one's beyond me (my QN doesn't see it occur). @Alberto_R_Intel ???

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi Søren, Thank you very much for providing that information.

n_scott_pearson, Thank you very much for all the suggestions provided on this thread.

We are sorry to hear that the issue with the USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports not providing signal persists, we will do further research on this matter, for us to be able to do that, while using the HDMI port to boot to Windows*, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Søren, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Søren
Beginner

have only one problem left I can not understand  all drive is now on it run fine

I run on HDMI CABLES and I run on Display / USB-C Cable

my problem is

if i restart my pc on displayport-USB-C my pc will not boot if I switch to HDMI it starts up fine again

then I can switch to display port -USB-C i have to clone screen for or i do not have Mouse and keybord

I want to drive Displayport where I can drive with  3840x1080 143,999 Hz

what can i do to run with only one cable Displayport USB3-C ??? 

i would love to get a bigger one graphics card do not know which I can use what is good ??

then I would like to say thank you very much for the help I have received here

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Søren, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those updates.

You mentioned, "if i restart my pc on displayport-USB-C my pc will not boot if I switch to HDMI it starts up fine again then I can switch to display port -USB-C i have to clone screen for or i do not have Mouse and keybord"

Could you please provide a detailed description of the steps that you are following to see this issue?

When you said "if I switch to HDMI it starts up fine again then I can switch to display port -USB-C i have to clone screen", what do you mean by that, are you switching video ports while the Intel® NUC is on?

I want to drive Displayport where I can drive with 3840x1080 143,999 Hz, what can i do to run with only one cable Displayport USB3-C ??? The information provided by N. Scott Pearson was correct "With DisplayPort 1.2, this means the maximum supported speed would be 136.5Hz. This is (way) below the 144Hz speed and thus the next lower supported speed, namely 120Hz, is supported."

"i would love to get a bigger one graphics card do not know which I can use what is good ??" Since Intel® does not manufacture graphics cards, the best thing to do in order to gather that information will be to get in contact directly with any of the video card manufacturers so they can provide the specifications of them for you to select the better one.

"can i use it in my pc or use it too much power is it too large in size", I looked in the Intel® Compatibility Tool for a list of video cards tested by Intel® but there are no items showing, so I will try to gather that information and provide the details in here once I get any updates:

https://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?activeModule=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Søren
Beginner

Thanks for the help my pc is running fine now with everything also with graphics card GTX 1660 so I say big thanks for the help

Søren

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Søren, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that "the pc is running fine now with everything also with graphics card GTX 1660".

Just in case, here is a link with the list of graphics cards that were tested and validated by Intel® as fully compatible with the Intel® NUC 9 Extreme Kit - NUC9i9QNX:

https://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?activeModule=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC#

Alberto_R_Intel_0-1626978120790.png

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos