Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Hi,I am using HP Envy laptop with Intel HD graphics 620,8 GB.Recently,my dedicated video ram dropped to 128 MB from 8646 MB.I bypassed the amount using the regedit method,but it still isn't working.How can I increase it again?

THoss1
Beginner

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

​Your HD 620 graphics will dynamically allocate the memory needed, using upto half of your phyiscal memory.

You should not be messing with the registry.  And, in case you are using the Intel generic drivers, you should use only the drivers provided by HP.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I agree with Al; there is absolutely no need - and no value proposition - for dedicating additional memory to video. The Intel HD Graphics drivers will take care of it automatically, allocating additional memory to graphics (up to 50%) as needs dictate.

• Dedicating additional memory WILL NOT improve game performance.
  • If you have an older video game that will not run, saying that there is not enough video memory, this is a bug in the game! In this case, you need to contact the video game publisher to obtain an update.

...S

0 Kudos