Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Hi all, In advance, I really appreciate your help. I have a serious speaking impediment and use a Dynavox tablet which had Win7 32. I wnet to Microsoft's Windows 10 upgrade for assistive technology users. The initial download page said the tablet had

wwalt1
Beginner

Hi all, In advance, I really appreciate your help.

I have a serious speaking impediment and use a Dynavox tablet which had Win7 32. I went to Microsoft's Windows 10 upgrade for assistive technology users. The initial download page said the tablet had everything necessary to proceed. So I did, and I know Win 10 is on it now since it said the download was successful and it welcomes me as a Dynavox user, which did not happen with Win7. Now Win 10 won't start. I get BSOD with message : stop code - video tdr failure(igdkmd32.sys). I've researched and find this is an Intel driver issue because the graphics card for Win7 doesn't work with later versions of Windows. I found out that Intel last month released a new graphics driver that I think may solve the problem. The driver is : Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40] Version: 15.40.28.4501 (Latest) Date: 8/12/2016. Available Downloads : Windows 7, 32-bit* Windows 8, 32-bit* Windows 8.1, 32-bit* Windows® 10, 32-bit*.

Questions : I think if I use a bootable USB to roll back to Win7 32 bit and update the old driver to this new one it would allow me to get a Win 10 that works. What is the method for doing this with a bootable USB and is this what I should do? What data do I put on this USB?

And how do I update the driver? I have this that I downloaded but not sure how to use it successfully :

Application (.exe) Intel(R) Graphics Installer 112 MB (118,000,136 bytes)

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated!

Intel® Atom™ Processor D2500/D2700/N2600/N2800 Series with Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3600/3650 November 2011 (32-bit) Cedarview

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CCris2
New Contributor II

Hello Daidala ,

The latest driver that you saw 15.40.28.4501 it's a generic driver and it doesn't support the graphic adapter on your tablet.

The latest driver that I saw on Intel's support webpage that support your graphic adapter unfortunately is only for windows 7 32 bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/65926/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-3600-Series Downloads for Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series

Unless there isn't another driver, that Intel has hidden somewhere, for windows 10 I am afraid that your tablet can not be updated to windows 10.

wwalt1
Beginner

Thank you for the info. D

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, but your tablet is not supported on Windows 10 (or 8.1, or 8).

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

Doc

wwalt1
Beginner

Thank you for your info. D

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Daidala, the peers in your thread answered your question, I believe so but if there is something else I can help you with let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ivanoliwer
Beginner

como fazer com um produto que não tem suporte para o mesmo, isto se configura como corrupção.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This thread is 5 years old.   Start a new thread, and explain your issue in detail.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos