Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

How To Download OpenGL 2.1 On "Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset" On Windows 10

AhmedTheGreat
Beginner

Hello, 

Anyone Know How Can I Download OpenGL 2.1 On Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset. I Have Windows 10 Home 64Bit Installed. My Drivers Are Updated But I Dont Have OpenGL 2.1. I Have OpenGL 1.1. By The Way My Processor Is Intel Core 2 Duo Dual Core

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

No can do...

The Q45/Q43 chipset is long discontinued and not supported on Windows 10.  There is no driver update from Intel.  The driver for windows 10 is a generic driver from Microsoft, which lacks features and performance.  If the driver works for you, good.  If not, there is nothing you can do.

Now, if your machine is a desktop, you can try adding a nvidia graphics card, like a gtx 750 or gtx 1060, as nvidia still supports those cards.

Doc

Your_daily_doge
Beginner

Would you have to completely remove the Intel card or just add the gtx card(s)? 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just add the GFX card. By default, most desktop BIOS will automatically disable the Intel GFX when it detects an add-in GFX card is present.

...S

0 Kudos
Your_daily_doge
Beginner

Do you only need the gfx card or do you need extra parts like a power bank and such? My friend suggested I get a 450-watt power bank for the gfx card. Thanks.

0 Kudos
hdptbl
Beginner

I have the same problem, one of my games says my driver does not support opengl 2.1.   I have an HP laptop with the Mobile Intel (R) 4 series express chipset family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0)

Is it possible for me to add or update the driver?

Thank you, 

Hdptbl

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, it is not possible to update or add the driver.   Your system is too old.

It is time for you to get a new/newer system.   I suggest something with an 11th or 12 gen processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos