Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

How can i repair this issue? My notebook freezes, due to internal graphics. few weeks ago it had freezes, but it recovered. But now it isnt recovering from freezes. I have to hard reset every time.

MVojt
Beginner

Hello, my system freezes (now every day), no heavy workload is there, system freezes but music is still playing (i think its graphic driver or win update issue). Few weeks ago my system was freezing but also unfreezing (in event viewer there was a warning that said: grapic driver stopped working, but was recovered). Now it is happening without “unfreze”. I have to manually hard restart the system, because it will not recover from freeze.

I tried install my manufactures driver (10.18.15.4256 ) But it didnt work. Windows update "updated" driver to (10.18.15.4248), but its still happening. I am running laptop Acer aspire V3-772G

Fresh reinstalled system on an SSD, BIOS up to date.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sounds like overheating. Clean your fan and heatsink, and insure proper ventilation.

Doc

0 Kudos
MVojt
Beginner

Thank you for advice, it would make sence, beause it is happening since i switched system to a ssd and laptop may be on the edge of thermal capabilities. I will be checking temps and inform you with further development. 🙂

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Just clean the heatsink, and make sure the fan is working, and eliminate that as a problem now.

Doc

0 Kudos