Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

How do I prevent monitors in a dual display from automatically switching uncontrollably?

PBatt1
Novice

I have an Intel NUC 8 VR NUC8i7HVK to which I have connected two displays -

Asus 22” VP228HE monitor and Looking Glass hologram display.

I have set up the displays in a dual setting. When I want to open the Looking Glass library, the two monitors show on my desktop as graphics. I then choose the Looking Glass to view holograms. But sometimes this monitor switches on without my action and it’s very difficult to return to the Asus monitor, which is my main display. My NUC is just a month old, but I have done a NUC driver scan and installed every update identified.

I do not see the two monitors connected unless I go into the display setting. Should there be a graphic in the taskbar and is there a way of I how can stop the uncontrolled switch over?Both monitors use HDMI connections which the NUC has available.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello PBatt1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I would like to start saying that on the Hades Canyon (Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK and Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HNK) the Intel® Graphics controller is only in charge of the Intel® Quick Sync Video, the rest of the features are controlled by the Radeon™ graphics controller. With that been said, you should be able to manage the displays settings on the Radeon™ RX Vega control panel.

To better assist you, please provide us or help us to confirm the following information: 

-Are you using duplicate these displays or extend these displays option on Windows? 

-Could you please provide us a video sample of the issue?

-Could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and share the results with me? You will find the tool at the following link.

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello PBatt1,

Were you able to check the recommendations provided on the previous post? If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello PBatt1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos