Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

How do I restore Intel Graphics Options to the desktop right-click menu?

Jim32
Beginner

The option disappeared a few weeks ago and hasn't returned, despite several Windows updates in the meantime. I am on Windows 10 Home 64-bit with an Intel i5-8400 CPU (2.80GHz) CPU and an Intel UHD Graphics 630 video card. Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you running Windows 10 1809? Have you installed one of the new UWD drivers? The UWD model requires that things like the graphics control panel be implemented and installed separately from the drivers. You download it, as an application, from the Microsoft App Store.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Jim32
Beginner

Hi Scott - many thanks for your reply. I don't know whether I'm on version 1809. Nothing in the This PC properties seems to mention the precise version. Also, I can't find a UWD app in the Microsoft App Store. I've seen other similar threads on this forum where the answer to the disappearing right-click graphics option is a simple link to an Intel download page, together with instructions on how to uninstall an old driver then reinstall the new download. It seems that the link is specific to the type of machine you have, so do you or someone know the link for the details in my original post? Can you kindly provide the uninstall/install instructions for my type of machine?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Regardless of the machine type, the uninstall method is the same. Right-click on the Windows Start button and select Apps and Features. Scroll down to the Intel Graphics Driver entry, click on it and select Uninstall.

...S

0 Kudos
Jim32
Beginner

Thank you. What do I replace it with once I've uninstalled it? Can you please provide the right link for my machine?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Rather than provide a link, I will explain how you find it yourself, so you can do so in the future. First, go to Intel's Download Center (here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/). Then, in the search window (i.e. where is says Product Name or Keyword), enter "Intel UDH Graphics 630" and then press <enter> or click on the search icon. The resulting list of downloads should include the drivers you need. Pay attention to the "Version" column; you want to see "Latest" there.

If you don't know what graphics version your processor has, you can open ARK (here: https://ark.intel.com/) and search for your processor. In your case, search for "i5-8400". The resulting display will tell you what graphics version your processor has in the Processor Graphics section.

Eazy Peazy,

...S

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Reposting my response is unnecessary.

...S

0 Kudos
Jim32
Beginner

Many thanks - I'll try all that and let you know. Before I go ahead, is there anything I need to know about what happens when I uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver? Eg, will it mess with the display and make it difficult to navigate around the desktop?

0 Kudos
Jim32
Beginner

Hi Scott - unfortunately the Intel website blocked the installation and redirected me to Dell (see attached error pop-up). The Dell download centre doesn't seem to list the Intel UHD Graphics driver for my machine. Any ideas what I should do next? Thanks for your continuing help!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It should. Intel Customer Support will need to step in here and explain this issue...

...S

Jim32
Beginner

Thanks Scott. Intel Customer Support - could you please explain why UHD Graphics 630 is blocked from installation on my Dell even though there is no obvious equivalent on the Dell drivers list for my machine? Could you please let me know what to do next?

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Jim32, Thank you for posting in our Intel ® Communities. In this case, your computer manufacturer might have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features, or provide improved operation on your computer. Contact the manufacturer for the latest updates and technical support information. If you can no longer get driver support from your computer manufacturer, you can download generic Intel drivers as you did before, however we cannot guarantee that these will not cause system instability ash those are only generic. We recommend you to contact your system manufacturer in order to escalate/replicate your issue as your machine might be blocked from the manufacturer in order to avoid the installation of generic drivers. Here is the link for their support: https://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/us/en/04/contactus/dynamic I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Jim32, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Jim32, We just wanted to check if you still need help. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Jim32, We just wanted to check if you still need help. We are closing as we have not heard anything back from you, however it will remain active if you contact us. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos