Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

How do you cancel a software update announcement you don't want to install?

Mark12
Novice

I keep getting update announcements for Intel generic graphics, along with a warning that my manufacturer may have specific graphics software tailored to my laptop. It's annoying and I can't figure out how to opt out of this update. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Mark12 

If I understand correctly, you see this announcement in Intel  Driver & Support Assistant? If I'm correct, click on little arrow (left to the suggested for download driver name) and check "Hide updates like this"

Leon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mark12
Novice

BTW here's the message:

ntel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

Installing this Intel generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM).

OEM drivers are handpicked, customized, and validated to resolve platform-specific issues, enable features and enhancements, and improve system stability. Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and we recommend using drivers from ASUS or ASUSTek. Report any issues found with this driver to Intel.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Mark12 

If I understand correctly, you see this announcement in Intel  Driver & Support Assistant? If I'm correct, click on little arrow (left to the suggested for download driver name) and check "Hide updates like this"

Leon

Mark12
Novice

I did see that but I was unsure if it would kill off other announcements. I'll do it! thanks Leon!