Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

How many additional monitors can I connect?

Ozols
Beginner

Hello,

I have a Acer laptop with Intel(R) UHD Graphic

What is the max resolution monitor what I can additional connect to my laptop?

Thanks,

O.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Ozols
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your processor can support three monitors simultaneously. The maximum resolution is detailed as follows:

• Max Resolution (HDMI)                                             4096x2304@24Hz
  • Max Resolution (DP)                                                  4096x2304@60Hz
  • Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel)      4096x2304@60Hz

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Ozols
Beginner

Yes it does! Thank you!

If necessary, is it possible to divide this max resolution 4096x2304  on 4 smaller resolution monitors?

2nd Q:

My work needs very high resolution because of detailed graphics/sheets. Am I correct understood that DP port is the best for max resolution details?

O.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, you cannot use 4 smaller resolution monitors. As I said, the iGFX engine can support a maximum of 3 monitors simultaneously. As well, since you have a built-in screen in your laptop, you can only connect two other monitors.

According to the spec sheet, your laptop has a HDMI connector. Only one monitor can be connected to a HDMI connector.

Your laptop also has a USB-C port, but I was unable to determine if this port supports DisplayPort Alt. Mode. If it doesn't, well, you are stuck with only two monitors (internal and HDMI external). If it does, however, you can connect two monitors to it using either DisplayPort Daisy-Chaining or using a 2-port MST Hub (like this: HDMI: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPVGQKY or DisplayPort: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KIMP28Y). These could be two 1920x1080p@60Hz monitors or two 3840x2160@30Hz monitors.

Now, if you really want to have four external monitors, there is a way. You could use a USB Graphics Adapter to add two mode monitors. Here is an example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725K1MHH. This solution is not going to be terrifically fast (i.e. no gaming), but it will certainly support your spreadsheets and high-res graphics.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Ozols
Beginner

Thanks a lot for your deep explanation.  I stay for an idea for 1 external monitor for max resolution. Will be simplest for workspace and hardware installation.

Working with spreadsheets do I feel or see difference using HDMI connector rather DisplayPort (understood, this PC doesn't has )? Anyway want understand for future.

*spreadsheets - using finance online graphics charts.

O.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
While this changes with some 10th gen and all 11th gen and future processors, older processors supported DisplayPort 1.2, which will support 4K@60Hz connections, and HDMI 1.4, which will only support 4K@30Hz connections. In these newer processors, DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0b are supported and their capabilities are essentially the same.
...S
0 Kudos
Ozols
Beginner
0 Kudos
Ozols
Beginner

Hello,

Now Windows offers me to upgrade Win10 to Win11

Require for Graf.card compatibility with DirectX 12 or newer version WDDM 2.0 driver.

Does my Graf.card has DirextX12 version?

0 Kudos
Ozols
Beginner

Hello,

Now Windows offers me to upgrade Win10 to Win11

Require for Graf.card compatibility with DirectX 12 or newer version WDDM 2.0 driver.

Does my Graf.card has DirextX12 version?

0 Kudos