Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

How to connect 2 monitors to ASUS ZenBook UX331U, 13.3", i5-8250U (Intel UHD Graphics 620)

Jull
Beginner

Dear All,

I have a ASUS ZenBook UX331U, 13.3", i5-8250U with Intel UHD Graphics 620 and would like to connect 2 external monitors as extended desktops. 

The laptop as 1xHDMI port, 1 USB-C port (which does not seem to be an output video) and several USB ports.

The Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 graphics card is supposed to support up to 3 independent displays.

I can connect 1 external monitor with the HDMI port of the laptop but how can I connect a 2nd external monitor?

It seems to me that the laptop is missing one output video for a 2nd external monitor.

Would the single HDMI port support 2 external monitors by using a HDMI splitter?

If not, would there be a way to connect a 2nd external monitor so that I can work independently with 3 monitors in total (laptop screen + 2 external monitors).

Many thanks,

Julien

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Jull,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

Yes, the Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor integrated into your system supports 3 displays. However, the laptop design and capabilities will depend on the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) preferences. In this case, Intel just provides the CPU in stock settings, and we do not have control over any customization that the equipment manufacturer has performed

In Intel* we do not recommend the use of dongles or adapters, because we cannot guarantee that the setup will work since a straight-through connection with a cable is recommended. In other words, the setup may or may not work with the computer due to bandwidth, incompatibility, or hardware limitation.

Equipment manufacturers that only add one graphics output to their systems usually provide instructions on the set-up and compatible devices you have to use to be able to use more than 1 external monitor. We encourage you to contact ASUS*, so they can guide you on this and also confirm the Laptop capabilities.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jull
Beginner

Hello Maria,

To be honest I was expecting this answer but I tried anyway.

I understand your position and will contact Asus then.

Many thanks for your time and answer.

All the best,

Julien

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Jull,

Thank you for your understanding, I do not want to provide you with incorrect information. I really hope that ASUS* can assist you with this matter.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos