Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

How to enable Radeon Vega M in HP Spectre 360 ?

MMazu4
Beginner

I am using my new HP Spectre 360 with two graphic cards: HD Graphics 630 and Radeon RX Vega M but the Radeon Vega M is not turning on, always HD Graphics 630 is working (often with 100% performance).

I am using my laptop to make movies (CyberLink Power Director 17) with 2,7k / 4k resolution

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you install a driver downloaded from Intel's site? If so, that's your problem. If your laptop has hybrid graphics (i.e. uses both Intel and other (NVIDIA or AMD) graphics solutions), you *must* use *only* drivers from your laptop manufacturer. Why? Because they have been modified by the manufacturer to support switching between the two solutions.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
MMazu4
Beginner

I tried to instal drivers from support.hp.com (marked) but still Radeon RX Vega M is not working

Przechwytywanie2.JPG

still HD Graphics 630 working on high efficiency

Przechwytywanie.JPG

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​hey I  checked hp website, but I have found  only   intel  UHD 620  graphics  is there ,

will you  share  the  model  number and   technical specifications  of the  hp spectra 360

0 Kudos
MMazu4
Beginner

serial nr and product nr belowPrzechwytywanie3.JPG

i7-8705G 3.1GHz

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If, somewhere along the way, you installed generic drivers downloaded from either Intel's or AMD's site, then you should try the following:

1. Download the Intel and AMD HD graphics driver packages from the HP site. Place on laptop's HDD, but do not attempt installation.
  2. Disconnect the Internet. Unplug any Ethernet cable and disable wireless.
  3. Uninstall both the Intel and AMD HD Graphics drivers from the Apps and Features Settings.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Install the Intel HD Graphics package. If is asks to reboot at the end, say no.
  6. Install the AMD HD Graphics package. If is asks to reboot at the end, say yes. If not, reboot anyway
  7. Reconnect internet.
  8. Manually check for updates by opening Update and Security Settings and clicking on check now. If any updates installed, reboot at end.
  9. Test if graphics working properly.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos