Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

How to get integrated graphics card (11th gen) information on debian?

ChetanNeve
Beginner

system information:

Linux DEB-NUC11PAH-G6PA119006KK 5.10.0-0.bpo.8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.46-4~bpo10+1 (2021-08-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux
CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz

I was trying to get the graphics card information as below

root@DEB-NUC11PAH-G6PA119006KK:~# lspci -nn | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:9a49] (rev 01)

With earlier Intel processors generations (less than 11th gen), I used to get the PCI device name as

root@DEB-NUC8i7BE-G6BE9460050J:~# lspci -nn | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Iris Plus Graphics 655 [8086:3ea5] (rev 01)

Above is for 8th gen Intel CPUs where I got a name as "Iris Plus Graphics 655".

how I can get similar PCI device name for latest gen processors (11th gen)?
I am using following device and want to get a graphics card name using commandline, any leads would be appreciated.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/205040/intel-nuc-11-performance-kit-nuc11pahi5.html

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ChetanNeve, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. 

In reference to your request and in order to provide the most accurate information on this topic, we will do further research on this matter, for us to be able to do that, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/26735/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello ChetanNeve, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
ChetanNeve
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel Thanks for your response and help. Fortunately I found a way to get an information of integrated graphics card.
FYI, To achieve this I updated pciids using following command:

$ update-pciids

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ChetanNeve, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those updates.

"Fortunately I found a way to get an information of integrated graphics card", perfect, excellent, we are glad to hear that you were able to find the way to gather the information that you were looking for. Thank you very much as well for taking the time to share the solution/command in the Intel® forums, we are sure it will be very useful and helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
SporadicThought
Beginner

This should force a query to the pci id database and output more data about the card than you will know what to do with:

$ sudo lspci -Q -vvv -s 00:02.0

or

# update-pciids
# lspci -vvv -s 00:02.0
0 Kudos