Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

How to get xx.xx.15.4251?

JHart25
Beginner

I have an intel core i7-8700 @ 3.2Ghz 6 core and GTX 1070.

Yesterday I played Anthem perfectly. I transported my PC to a new location and got everything set up. After updating intel, updating Geforce, and restarting my PC several times, I continue to get the error message that I need xx.xx.15.4251 driver or later. I've attached the error message to this post via photo.

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It is unclear to me what is generating this message box (is it the game itself?). The 6471 driver is newer, but is DCH-based (everything 6444 and above (newer) is DCH-based). I wonder if this game cannot handle the DCH-based driver?

I also point out that build 6519 is the latest released build of the Intel HD Graphics driver and build 6577 is the latest beta build. You can download the released build from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790

and you can download the beta build from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28553/Intel-Graphics-BETA-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
JHart25
Beginner

I uninstalled the graphics driver I had on the computer and restarted my PC but when I click on the links you provided and click my product (Intel UHD 630) it comes up with a list of drivers. Once I click on the driver, I'm just taken back to the screen that your link takes me to. When I hit get started, my computer automatically runs a system scan and says I have everything updated. How is this possible when I already uninstalled the graphic driver?

I'm not seeing anyway to download the correct drivers, or if I'm even on the right track. I am now more confused than I was before. At this point I'm considering recovering my PC to 3-4 days ago to make everything back to normal.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, if you click on those links, it takes you to the actual downloads page. You do not enter anything in. You then click on the link that says "If you have read this and would like to download the driver for install, please go here.".

When you rebooted, you probably screwed things up already. The minute you get back online, it will reload the driver from Windows Update, which is not what you want. Follow this process:

1. Download the driver you need and place its installation package on your desktop. Do not attempt to install yet.
  2. Disconnect you system from the Internet. Unplug your Ethernet cable and/or disable Wireless.
  3. Uninstall the current driver.
  4. Reboot. Do not reconnect Internet yet.
  5. Install the driver package that you downloaded in step 1.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Reconnect Internet.
  8. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos