Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

How to increase Dedicated VRAM in Intel Iris Plus Graphics (i7-1065G7)?

Fábio
Beginner
I would like to know how do I increase the VRAM of this integrated video card, is that possible? I already tried to do that at the BIOS, but I don't have the option to do that. What should I do?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Do not change the BIOS settings of the memory size, leave the default settings. The size of VRAM for Intel Integrated Graphics is controlled by the Intel Graphics Driver and the Windows O.S. About half of RAM may be assigned. So, if you want to increase the size of video RAM, install bigger System RAM. Please read also Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10

Leon

View solution in original post

7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Do not change the BIOS settings of the memory size, leave the default settings. The size of VRAM for Intel Integrated Graphics is controlled by the Intel Graphics Driver and the Windows O.S. About half of RAM may be assigned. So, if you want to increase the size of video RAM, install bigger System RAM. Please read also Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10

Leon

Niyaz12
Beginner

Hello Leon, 

I've got the same specs laptop. You can see I've 128MB of Vram, which is worse for gaming. And I've got 12GB of Ram and 6GB of Graphics memory. But, I can't increase the Vram. Guide me. 

Thanks in Advance,

Screenshot (49).png

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Niyaz12 

You should not ask questions concerning your laptop (although it looks similar) in this thread, rather you should open a new thread. This is the way how this forum works.

Any way if you are reading this thread you should read my answer above and so the Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10

There you will find explanation that the Dedicated Video Memory value is irrelevant. I quote: "By default, the Intel graphics driver will report 128 MB of fictitious Dedicated Video Memory for compatibility with applications that don’t correctly comprehend a fully unified memory architecture. See Dedicated Memory Reporting for more information."

Leon

Fábio
Beginner

Hello, when I made the question I only had 8GB of RAM, now I have 20GB and I still with 128MB of VRAM 😕

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Fábio 

Please read my answer to @Niyaz12 .

Same answer to you: Dedicated Video Memory value is irrelevant.

Leon

ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Sometimes I wonder if everyone who posts on here does any real work with their computer or they all are just gaming all the time ... seems like all they care about?

LeonWaksman
Super User

Gaming is important in Home Personal Computing (PC). Video Gaming Computers are high demanding machines. Usually there are equipped with dedicated Graphics Processor (GPU). In most cases the dedicated GPU is made by NVIDIA or AMD. The Integrated GPU in Intel processor can handle video game demands in some way but not like the dedicated GPU. So, this may be the reason to so many questions in this subject. Many people are disappointed from the performance of computer equipped with Integrated GPU  to handle high demanding video games.  

Leon