Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Hue/Saturartion control sliders

Paribesh
Beginner

Please add the sliders to configure hue and saturation. Previously on legacy drivers they were in "display" menu under "colors" section. The saturation slider is available in "video" menu but that doesn't saturate the whole display

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Paribesh, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Please provide me with an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Before I forward the feedback to the appropriate department, please try our latest software and see if the options you want can be be found there: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/intel-graphics-command-center/9plfnlnt3g5g?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Paribesh
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. Yes I had already downloaded the latest drivers and the latest version of Intel Graphics Center software from the windows store but it didn't have the sliders to change the hue and saturation. So I had to revert back to old legacy drivers to saturate my display since the display that my laptop has is not color accurate. And I need to saturate my display to obtain proper colors, mostly for gaming. I have attached the report file that was generated by Intel System Support Utility

0 Kudos
TSloa
Beginner

I have the same question/problem. There is no setting in the new Intel Graphics Command Center for Hue and Saturation control. Where did these settings go? Why would intel take this away. Not everyone can afford a colorimeter device and has the software to calibrate displays--some of us need to increase color saturation to make the display look better. This was a completely bad idea, Intel! Now I need to uninstall this new control panel and reinstall the old one. Thanks for wasting my time.

0 Kudos
Paribesh
Beginner

Yeah I agree too. The display that shipped with my Dell 5567; has the colors all washed out and pale looking. It looks like a black and white monitor if the colors are not saturated.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello everyone, Thank you for your patience. I would like to let you know that, first, if the issue is related to the colors looking washed out or pale looking on a laptop, the issue needs to be reported to the respective manufacturer. This is because they need to look into their custom drivers to see what the problem can be. Also, keep in mind that we have received your feedback regarding the Hue and Saturation sliders and it is currently being considered for future releases, as of right now however; it has not been confirmed. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Paribesh
Beginner

No, reporting the issue won't solve it as the display or the hardware that shipped with my laptop is not perfectly color accurate. I have also seen the reviews of my laptop model on YouTube and other platforms and they said the same thing. So I have been using the saturation feature for a long time, up to the point where if there's no saturation the display looks pale on my opinion. The latest drivers that Dell published on their official website for Intel is 22.20.16.4836 and it doesn't support windows 2018 October update. And on top of that windows 10 is releasing another big update on May so I need to update my drivers to the latest version. But I can't do that cause Intel made the decision to remove the sliders for Hue/Saturation. I am very disappointed. I mean legacy drivers had them so why can't DCH drivers have them?

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Paribesh, Thank you for your response. I understand your position, and, as mentioned, the feedback has already been received and it is being reviewed. I cannot say if it will be implemented or not; however, it is being worked on. Also, it is recommended to report this issue to the manufacturer directly so they can also report to Intel and get any possible drivers so they can "customize" them if needed to fix your problem. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos