Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Hue- graphics control centre

cameron_hart
Beginner

When adjusting the display settings in intel graphics control centre on my dell XPS laptop, I pushed the hue slider fully left, and the screen is left black. I can't change it back because my screen is black so I can't see anything. Please can someone explain what to do. I also had blue light intensity turned to zero. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Hold the power button down for six seconds, and then power on.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
cameron_hart
Beginner

This does nothing but restart the computer. Once the boot has finished, the screen goes black before sign in. It is an issue with the intel graphics driver. It is up to date, but clearly buggy. 

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @cameron_hart 

1.  Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB. If you don't have one yet, prepare it using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. 
  2.  Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next.
  3.  Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom.
  4.  Click/tap on Troubleshoot.
  5.  Click/tap on Advanced options.
  6. Click on Command Prompt
  7. In the Command Prompt write the following command: bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal and press enter to execute this command
  8. Close the Command Prompt window by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the Command Prompt window.
  9.  Select Continue and sign in to Windows. Windows will boot in SAFE mode and you should be able to reset the Intel Graphics Driver settings.
  10. While in Windows, press Windows key + r. Run msconfig
  11. Chose Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot.  Reboot your system. 

Leon

0 Kudos
cameron_hart
Beginner
I used a separate monitor via hdmi to access my computer without booting in safe mode. I reset the internet graphics settings but my laptop monitor remains black. When I disable the intel graphics driver in devices, my laptop screen returns, but I cannot use the laptop without the driver obviously as I can’t control brightness etc. The driver is up to date. What can I do?
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Download the Intel Graphics Driver from your laptop site. OEM usually customizes Graphics Drivers. Disconnect the internet. 

2. Uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver from Device Manager (check the "Uninstall device software..." option). Reboot your laptop.

3. Install the previously downloaded OEM driver.

Leon

0 Kudos
cameron_hart
Beginner
0 Kudos