Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

I am a victim of the seemingly adaptive brightness annoyance. Like may others my brand new computer is dimming in response to dark images and brightening in relation to bright images. This is especially annoying when using photoshop.

DVanW
Beginner

My computer is a brand new Dell XPS 2-in-1 13 in with the 4k+ display. It appears to come and go, but I can reproduce it reliably when running the intel graphics control panel. As I move across menus the brightness changes markedly. Is there a way to remove this annoying "feature". I've searched all over, tried the registry edit etc...all to no avail.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So, jumping straight into the registry, eh?

Have you contacted Dell for support on this brand new computer? They are responsible for support of THEIR device. Plus, you paid them for support as part of the purchase.

Contact dell.

Doc

0 Kudos
DVanW
Beginner

No Al,

Not just jumping into the registry, just going directly to the source where evidently people need to make snarky responses. For your information, I have researched this issue pretty extensively and many computer types (not just dell} seem to be afflicted by it.

And yes, of course I've been in contact with Dell, who, so far, has been non-helpful.

Not sure what your attitude is, but it certainly can't be described as helpful.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No attitude here. Just concerned that you have now complicated the issue by messing with settings that you should not have touched. When your changes to the registry did not provide positive results, did you reverse them?

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I agree with Al. This is a feature enabled and supported by your laptop vendor. They are responsible for its support.

BTW, I am not surprised by Dell's lack of helpfulness; they laid off all of their knowledgeable support people and outsourced instead.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos