Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

I am able to install the Intel driver in safe mode with no screen problems. The problem occurs only when booting into normal windows.

AXone
Beginner

The only exception for the screen working using normal boot is if I use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver instead of the Intel HD Graphics 5500 driver.

Description of the problem (with Intel drivers installed) :

1. When I hit the login screen, I get some pixelation on the screen (not too much)

2. Randomly I get a black screen after logging in with only the cursor showing. The only thing I can do then is to wait and sometimes the screen comes back, or to use ctrl+alt+del.

3. When the screen does work, it is very pixelated with a lot of pink pixels as well as pixelated text.

Things I've tried:

1. System restore

2. Reinstalling/resetting the os and wiping out everything including all partitions

3. Installing all the Intel driver versions and ones from my laptops manufacturer website

4. I've tried chkdsk and sfc /scannow commands

5. Using DDU to clean out drivers before installing new drivers. Also used Easy Driver to find the best drivers to update with

6. Stopping windows from auto updating when installing drivers I want to test.

7. Cleaned out the laptop hardware and fans

8. Tried a second monitor using HDMI (problem persists on second monitor)

System information:

1. Lenovo Edge 15 80k9

2. Windows 10 home edition 64 bit

3. Intel Hd graphics 5500

I'm at my wits end here and really need it to work asap. Hope someone can help fix this issue. Any other information needed I can supply. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello AXone,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

I am still working on your inquiry, so I will provide you with more troubleshooting steps as soon as I can. But in the meantime I would like to have the following information:

• Which is the Windows* 10 built version installed at the moment?
  • Which specific graphics drivers have you tested from the Intel's website?
  • Which specific graphics drivers have you tested from your manufacturer's website?
  • Does the laptop has an external graphics adapter? Does it work with hybrid graphics?
  • Could you take a picture or short video replicating this issue?
  • Is it a brand new system?

Please provide me with the following report:

1. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 
  2. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 
  3. Please attach the document to the next post. 

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel.

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello AXone,

Were you able to check my previous post?

If you need further assistance please let me know.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello AXone,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos