Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

I am desiring to convert a "VIsta" Leveno laptop (32 bit) to a win 10 32 bit for use in programs to operate a 3 d carver. In checking the display devices I see the display driver is a "mobile Intel(R) 4 series Chip set family" version 7.15.10 1502.

TKaye1
Beginner

Is this comparable to win 10 32 bit ? I ask as the Laptop has the elements for win 10 for processor and memory. Data states a DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver must be present in the older laptop. I would like to be able to convert , but I don't see a response as to being related to the driver present as to compatability. If not I will purchase a refib desktop for the purpose>

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

This is an effort you should abandon. Windows 10 is not supported on your laptop, but may run. More importantly is your graphics is not support. The mobile 4 chipset is not supported. You will have only the Microsoft generic driver, which lacks performance and features.

Best to get a new or newer laptop that is supported on Windows 10. If possible, get one with Windows 10 64-bit, and a 6th gen processor, and I recommend 8GB memory. For best performance, if the storage is SSD or NVME, that would be great.

Doc

0 Kudos