Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

I am unable to re-install the 930 graphics driver for my i5-7600K CPU.

JLumb
Beginner

I accidentally uninstalled the driver when messing around with the Device Manager. I have downloaded the 7755 version of the driver and attempted to reinstall it but get a pop-up that says This operating system is not supported.

What next?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
AlHill
Super User

How did you "accidentally" uninstall the driver? You would have had to purposely clicked on UNINSTALL

What driver is currently installed?

Doc

0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner

First, it is a 630 processor, not a 930.

Accidentally means I did not intend to uninstall it. But I have restarted the PC and just ran Intel Driver Support & Assistance. The 630 driver is back in place. Go figure.

I am again trying to install the latest 7755 version and am getting an error pop-up that says The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver.....

I've been updating this PC using Driver Support and Assistance for more than a year. Why is it now giving me bad updates?

John

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download and save the driver.

Then, disconnect from the net.

In the device manager, uninstall the Intel graphics driver, checking the box to delete the software.

Repeat the above step until you get to the Microsoft basic display adapter.

Then, install the driver you downloaded.

Then, reconnect to the net.

And, do not mess around with the device mangler ever again.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, make certain you are running Windows 10, 1909.

Doc

0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner

I am running Win 10 1909. 3rd step in your instruction was completed. 4th step: I never saw anything like an MS basic display adapter. I attempted a reinstall and got the This operating system is not supported. pop-up again.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"Repeat the above step until you get to the Microsoft basic display adapter."

You must continue to uninstall all of the intel drivers until you get down to the Microsoft basic display adapter.

You must do this while disconnected from the net.

You must check the box to delete the software when you do the uninstall.

When you all you have left is the Microsoft basic display adapter, then you can install the 7755 driver.

Then, you can reconnect to the net.

I have done this dozens of times, so I know it works.

Doc

0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner

Delete not just the GPU driver but all 4 cores of the CPU?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

NO NO NO!

I said to delete/uninstall the intel graphic driver until you got down to the Microsoft basic display adapter. I NEVER mentioned or said anything about CPU cores.

If you cannot follow instructions, I am done here.

Doc

0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner

Well, in fact, you wrote "You must continue to uninstall all of the intel drivers until you get down to the Microsoft basic display adapter." which seemed too much, so I thought I'd better ask.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

We are only talking about the graphics driver. How you would derive that we are talking about other driverrs is beyond me. But, have it your way and good luck.

Doc

0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner

I am following these instructions but after a point, I am not getting the results specified:

Download and save the driver.

Then, disconnect from the net.

In the device manager, uninstall the Intel graphics driver, checking the box to delete the software.

Repeat the above step until you get to the Microsoft basic display adapter. (There is only one to delete.)

Then, install the driver you downloaded.

Then, reconnect to the net.

The basic display adapter does not show up. dxdiag.exe shows me that it seems to be installed but I don't see any way of determining if it is ON or OFF. It does not display as the instructions above say it should.

The process seems to be stuck at this point.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

JLumb, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

If the problem persists, please follow the steps in the link below and once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner

As you can see from my last post, the suggested solution did not work. I'll try again the next time an update shows up.

John

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello JLumb, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists, just to let you know, there is another link that provides the steps to properly install the Intel® Graphics driver, the steps are very similar to what you already tried, but there is a difference which is that you will need to delete the driver from "Apps and Features" in order to get the Microsoft* basic driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027538/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-7th-generation-intel-processors.html?elq_cid=323031&erpm_id=8224014

If the problem remains after trying those steps, please attach the SSU report to the thread so we can verify further details about your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner
Alberto, I was going to try the new procedure you sent but thought I'd try Driver & Support Assistant one more time.  The result: Your Intel® drivers and software are up to date. Intel® HD Graphics 630 A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Gigabyte for the latest driver for your computer. - Driver Details - ProviderIntel Corporation - Version26.20.100.7262 - Date9/25/20 Is this the latest version?  I don't think so as I started this process in late Dec or early Jan.If the new procedure doesn't work, should I try Gigabyte?  Driver & Support Assistant worked fine through 2018.  It began acting up in late 2019.   How is it possible that an Intel Update to an Intel program running on an Intel processor doesn't work?  John Lumb
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello JLumb, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello JLumb, Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Just to let you know, we actually recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform, the Intel® Graphics drivers are generic, which means they might or might not work with the particular system that you are using.

In order to confirm if the graphics driver version 26.20.100.7262 is the latest one provided by Gigabyte, we just need the model of your motherboard and we will be able to verify that information.

What is the model of your motherboard?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner
Alberto, Here is MoBo data from Belarc Advisor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H270M-DS3H Default string System Serial Number: Default string Asset Tag: Default string Chassis Serial Number: Default string Enclosure Type: Desktop Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H270M-DS3H-CF Serial Number: Default string Bus Clock: 100 megahertz UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. F5 04/24/2017 As far as I know Lenovo has nothing to do with my PC.  It is a custom model I built myself. John
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi JLumb, Thank you very much for providing those details.

Even though it is a custom build, we still recommned to install the drivers provided by the manufacturre of the board. I was checking Gigabyte's web site in reference to the BIOS version currently installed and actually, I can see that there is a newer BIOS version available, it is version F8d.

There are other versions between the one installed and the latest one, it is recommended to do the BIOS update gradually, not jumping all the way to the latest version, so on this topic, we recommend to get in contact directly with Gigabyte and confirm with them which is the best procedure to install the latest BIOS version for your board:

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-H270M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Contact

Just to let you know, the latest Intel® Generic Graphics driver version showing on Gigabyte's web site is 100.6518, which is not that new:

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-H270M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-vga

So, please update the BIOS version to F8d and then try to manually install Intel® Generic Graphics river version 26.20.100.7755, please let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29335/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98909

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner

Thank you.

John

0 Kudos