Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

I believe that my os is functioning on 32 bit and 64 bit drivers within the same environment. Hello. and thankyou for your time and help. could someone please walk me through driver and chip set verification? I am

Jcham7
Beginner

0 Kudos
21 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your OS? Be specific. If Windows, is it Windows 10 64-bit or 32-bit? If Windows 10 64-bit, then your drivers are 64-bit. If Windows 10 32-bit, then your drivers are 32-bit.

Doc

0 Kudos
Jcham7
Beginner

Windows 10 Home with digital key. two options to install on new disk. 32 0r 64 bit. 32 was the only one that would install. but I have reloaded a few times off of the flash drive and it seems that the files are somewhat different now than first preview

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, I asked you to be specific. Go to START, SETTINGS, SYSTEM, ABOUT and look under DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS, SYSTEM TYPE.

Provide that information.

Doc

0 Kudos
Jcham7
Beginner

how is this sir?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, your OS 32-bit, which means all the drivers are 32-bit.

Your processor is capable of running either a 32-bit or 64-bit OS.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Where/how did you make your install usb stick?

Use this Microsoft site to make an install stick: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Doc

0 Kudos
Jcham7
Beginner

yes sir. 32 or 64 bit. but as a digital copy from 3rd party outlet store the product only had one key and its considered 2 separate OS. somehow or another I had 64bit programing incorporated which leaves my system as an unlicensed mess. I restored to a previous date. thankyou for your help. I need to look into this more. have a good day

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"Digital copy from 3rd party outlet store". I would be very careful about that.

Doc

0 Kudos
Jcham7
Beginner

it was a purchase at a large supplier. the flash drive I believe somehow was introduced to the double click virus. a am awaiting contact information to advise all with content rights that my data is going to be accessed to contain it within my pc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, but... If you have a valid key, then you can use that key with the stick you make on the Microsoft site.

Good luck moving forward with this.

Doc

0 Kudos
Jcham7
Beginner

the information that I read suggests that the malware is still being illusive. figured id give it to them with a bow on it.

0 Kudos
Jcham7
Beginner

thanks for trying to help. im going to use your link. hard crash last night. and im not certain. but very sure that its going to happen again.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Make sure you have a backup of your data. Do a custom install and delete ALL partitions on your OS drive, then install on the new empty partition. If it asks for a key, skip. You can always add a valid key later. Then, once the new OS boots, do a windows update.

If you have questionable 3rd party software, do not install it. Run your clean system and note the results.

Doc

0 Kudos
Jcham7
Beginner

not as easy as I thought it would be. I apareantly need iso? and trying to delete all on my hard drive and format isn't possible. system has hidden the drive. gave my hard drive and cd rom the same boot address. 0.. where 000000 should be 000007 turned off my file history and removed switch from control panel. and when I looked to update driver for hdd it shows my intel graphics driver as the primary with no problems. and my entire system is on shadow copy

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

All you need to do is to make a USB stick (8gb or greater) on the Microsoft link I provided.

Frankly, it sounds like you have a really disorganized, unmaintainable system. If you have a virus, as you think you do, you need to backup your data (big USB sticks are cheap). Delete all partitions on the drive, and do a clean install. Get a second HDD if you must.

I think you are over-complicating this whole issue. It is very simple:

• Make USB install stick like I said.
  • Backup data.
  • Boot USB stick.
  • Custom install.
  • Delete all partitions on the system drive.
  • Clean install (32 or 64-bit). Make sure you have the appropriate key, and you choose properly.
  • Update windows.
  • Restore data.
  • Re-install programs (or apps if you prefer).
  • Enjoy life with a clean, virus free system.

These are the basic steps. How you painted yourself into this corner is beyond me, and perhaps that is why you are having so much trouble.

Sit back, have a beverage of your choice, think about what you are going to do, do not take any short cuts, and take your time. If you screw up, start over and do not make that mistake again. Do not start using any 3rd party AV programs, any registry cleaners, or any other such garbage.

Doc

0 Kudos
Jcham7
Beginner

thank you again. I have tried this way. my problem is my drive is hidden and I dont have the choice to format. it says no usable drive.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What do you mean "hidden". Where did "format" come from? I said nothing about format.

Did you make the usb stick as I said?

Did you boot the usb stick and select "custom" as I said?

If you did, you would see the partitions.

If you did not, then you are not following instructions.

There is nothing in your entire post that indicates you should be getting help here. You have a windows installation problem, which is best supported by Microsoft.

Doc

0 Kudos
Jcham7
Beginner

your correct sir. I have been informed. I apologize if my comments upset you. I thank you again for your help. have a good afternoon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Not upset, just frustrated that you are not doing what I asked.

You may be best served by using a local computer repair shop, or microsoft support.

Good luck.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You may also want to consider that your disk is bad, or going bad.

Doc

0 Kudos